Chapter 21

"Josh, you need to leave. We will see you at court today." Kate went to close the door but josh kept it open.

"Kate please just listen."

"And why should I?"

"Because I love Alexander and he's my son."

"Shhhh! He's in the living room."

"So, I can see him?" Josh asked trying to peak over Kate to see Alexander

"No! Why are you even here?" Kate asked, purposely blocking his view

"Kate, Alexander needs his dad."

"Your not his dad Josh, You never were!" Kate paused but he didn't say anything, "Rick is is father whether you like it or not. He's has been in that boys life since he was born. You chose not to listen to me. Now get out before I call the police." Kate said, starting to close the door

"Kate, come on. You know it doesn't matter anyway. I'm moving to California and I'm taking Alexander with me, I'll convince the judge today, you'll see!" Josh sped off in an angry flair and Jim just happened to be getting off the elevator.

"Katie? What was that about?"

Before Kate could answer, Rick was standing next to Kate, rubbing his eyes, "Kate, what was all that yelling about?"

"Momma?" Alexander's voice broke in.

Kate sighed, "dad, please come in, I'll explain later, A.J. Wants me."

Rick gave Jim a confused look and the older man shrugged his shoulders shutting the door.

"Momma, why is puppa here?" The boy asked, looking up at his mother.

"He's gonna stay with you for a little bit, daddy and I have some things to do." Alex nodded and Kate kissed his forehead, his fever was going down. "Do you want anything buddy?"

"Power aid?" He asked, his eyes giving off a pleading look.

Kate smiled, "coming right up." She got the boy his drink and excused herself to go get ready. Rick got in the shower while Jim watched another movie with Alexander.

About an hour later, after Kate had finished her makeup, Kate and Rick were giving A.J. Kisses saying they'd be back soon. He had asked why they were dressed up and Rick said it was for one of his books.

Kate let Rick drive and it was quiet until Rick spoke. "So," he grabbed her hand that rested in her lap, "what was the yelling about?"

"Josh, he was ranting about something, he was mad I wouldn't let him come in and see Alex. But it doesn't matter." Rick kissed her hand leaving it at that. He didn't push the subject matter because it would do them no good.

Rick pulled into the court house, till thinking about what Josh could have been yelling about. But still, no matter how much it bothered him, he wasn't going to pressure Kate into telling him what it was about. She'd tell him In her own time.

Rick helped Kate out if the car and they made their way into the building. Before they entered, Kate kissed Rick full of passion and love. "We can do this." She said and squeezed his hand and Rick nodded, kissing her cheek before they entered the court.

It was nearing the end if the hearing and josh was livid. "I think I have come up with a verdict." The judge announced. Kate squeezed ricks hand. "I think my choice will be what is best for the boy. Richard Castle may not be biological father, but he is the best father Alexander has had. It would be wrong to take him away from that, not to mention his mother. Also, he is four and it would be very confusing for him to move to the other side of the country, away from his parents, family, and what he knows, so it looks like Mr. Davidson you will be going to California alone. I grant Mr. And Mrs. Castle full custody of Alexandr James Castle, Joshua Davidson will not be granted visitation rights, seeing that he's has played no interest into Alexander's life until now."

Rick turned to Kate and kissed her long and hard, his hands cupping her cheeks as the kiss grew. Soon, oxygen was needed for them, but their lips still rested together. "We did it, baby." He whispered on her lips and Kate kissed them again, "yes, we did it."

______________
So.... It's been nearly a year, but here it is, chapter 21!! I'm so sorry for the long wait but I hope you can forgive me. 😘 I love you all and do not worry! I will not leave this story unfinished. I will see it through to the end. 💕