You can trust me

Rosaline's POV

"That's Mr. Frank, french fashion designer." I introduced Ronni to an old looking man with his old looking wife. My arm was wrapped around her bicep. After Ronni was gifted the guns, i decided to introduce her to more guests.

"Hmmm....still enjoys his wife's wrinkly——" before she could finish that sentence i cut her off, "ANY-way, that's Mr. Johns, very aggressive man. He wanted to be member of this mafia but he's not capable of anything. Look how's he putting daggers on your face."

A man in navy suit was looking at Ronni like he would murder her if she got even slightly close to him. That's why i took her away from him.

"I'll punch him in his balls if he kept giving me that look." Ronni said. If only she knew he's a retired commissioner.

"Can i ask you something, Rosal?" Ronni asked when we were in a corner alone.

"Hmm?" Fixing my hair in the mirror that was engraved at every corner of the main hall.

"Since the morning, you look kinda off to me. What's wrong? I'm not flirting if you are thinking, i'm just being a friend who is worried about her gorgeous friend." Ronni asked me something that i was avoiding. Why was I avoiding it? It's not like someone would care about it, until now.

I thought of telling her the truth about my husband but not now. I looked at her from the mirror, she was leaning against the pillar behind her with her hands crossed, judging me with her eyes, "It's uh....i'm just tired, Ronni. Nothing big." I lied which she caught easily.

Ronni walked behind and placed her hand on my shoulder. Turning me around, making me face her, "You don't have to lie to me. I could be the only person who you can trust for your life." She said while looking into my eyes with her so grey eyes.

I want to trust her and tell her everything that I've been keeping for years but we are not save in this mansion, there are thousands of ears that are listening to our conversation.

Ronni removed my hair from the side of my face and locked it behind my ear. She placed her warm palm on my cheek and traced my cheek bone with her thumb. I don't want to push her away because it was soothing. I felt as if I'm protected but it was only for a second because Jacob came up to us.

"Ron——" He saw us, so close to each other, "Am i ruining something?" He asked, i backed away from Ronni and instantly missing her warmth.

A woman was standing with Jacob and i know exactly why she's with him, "I need a drink." I told them and left.

Ronni's POV:

Rosaline excused herself as i watched her turn a corner. I want to shoot Jacob for ruining our moment. I had this small fucking chance of asking her what was eating her since morning. Looking back at Jacob with my clenched jaw.

"Don't give me that look, Ronni. If only i knew you two were going to hook up." He said while surrendering his hands.

I chuckled, "We were not going to hook up, Jacob. I was just talking to her. Anyhow, what brings you here." I asked as i pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"Well, this is, Veronica." I glanced at the woman on his right and my eyes were blessed with such beauty. She was wearing a black short short dress and her hair was straightened, falling till her waist, "I don't want you get lost in this mansion. So, Veronica will give you a tour of this magnificent mansion."