When Things Turn Out Bad

"Breaking into S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters, using a ship without permission, traveling to another planet without permission, knocking TEN S.H.I.E.L.D. AGENTS UNCONSCIOUS! What were you thinking?!"

Nat and Shuri cower their heads as the director scolds them. They were caught by Fury himself not too long after the rest of the group made their escape. Now, they are stuck in his office, getting a lecture about how reckless their actions were.

"We were thinking that Peter and Gamora are our friends and they needed our help. So, we helped them." Nat explains in a soft, intimated voice that was almost too uncharacteristic for her.

Fury pinches the bridge of his nose and scoffs. "You weren't helping them, Romanoff. They're in space, alone. The world is a dangerous place as it is and you snuck them aboard on a ship to let them roam free in the galaxy?!"

"Director, with all due respect, they know what they're doing-"

"IT'S NOT GAMORA AND QUILL I'M WORRIED ABOUT!" The director lets out a loud sigh and stands up from his desk. "The other three is a different story. Gamora and Quill have matured exponentially since they enrolled here. Drax, Rocket, and Groot on the other hand-they are still the same selfish kids that enrolled here, two months ago. They're the ones who are gonna get Gamora and Quill killed."

Shuri finally steps up, in an attempt to persuade him. "You do not know that, Director-"

"ENOUGH!" Fury shouts, causing the two girls to cower their heads again. "Both of you have three weeks of detention, including fifteen hours of community service due by the end of that time."

"What about the others?" Shuri's voice was barely audible.

"I will deal with them when we find em'."

***

So...they're pretty much screwed at the moment. Sure, the Collector was pretty creepy and his odd obsession with Rocket and Groot was disturbing, but it seemed harmless. They were wrong. The orb turned out to be an infinity stone, remnants of six singularities that were forged into concentrated ingots after the universe exploded into existence. The small tale didn't phase Rocket as he continued to urge the creepy man to pay them. It wasn't until Carina, the Collector's servant, grabbed the infinity stone to escape from his control, causing the entire building to explode.

Now, here they were, covered in soot and ash and debris from the building. Peter and Gamora untangle themselves from each other after the explosions stop. Gamora is the first, however, to get up. She speed-walks to the orb and closes it, exiting the building with Peter trailing closely behind.

"How could we think Tivan could contain whatever was within the Orb?"

"WHAT DO YOU STILL HAVE IT FOR?!" Rocket asks in exasperation as he and Groot regroup with them.

"WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO, LEAVE IT IN THERE?!" Peter steps in.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAD THAT IN YOUR PURSE!"

"IT'S NOT A PURSE, IT'S A KNAPSACK!"

"We have to bring it to Fury or even the Nova Corps. There's a chance they can contain it."

"Are you kidding me?! Groot and I are wanted by the Nova Corps and S.H.I.E.L.D.'s gonna experiment with it. JUST GIVE IT TO RONAN AND NEBULA!"

"So he can destroy the galaxy?" Peter's face wrinkles in disbelief.

"What are you some saint all of a sudden? What has the galaxy ever done for you? Why would you wanna save it?"

"BECAUSE I'M ONE OF THE IDIOTS WHO LIVES IN IT!"