Girls (And Peter) Just Wanna Have Fun

The staccato chirps of the morning birds is loud enough to wake Gamora up. The sun is still rising on the horizon, setting off rays of yellow, orange, and even purple into the sky and across the land. It's no later than five in the morning and Nat is already out of bed, presumably downstairs in the kitchen.

Gamora's downturned eyes slowly flutter open. Her arms and legs extend as far as they can as she stretches. A small yawn escapes her mouth as she sits up and throws her legs to the side of the bed, placing her bare feet on the cold, wooden floor. She stands up and sleepily walks to the door.

As she turns the door handle and pulls it open, she's greeted by a familiar face of whom she wishes was not there.

"Hey,-" Peter greets, running a hand awkwardly through his messy, dirty blonde hair.

"How long have you been standing there?" Gamora asks in shock, opening the door slightly more so he can enter the room.

"About an hour." Before the emerald-skinned girl can speak, Peter continues to talk, "Listen, about last night-"

"I know. I apologize for that. I should not have slapped you." Gamora interrupts, unable to look him in the eye.

"No, no, no. You have...every right to have done that. What I did was really stupid and I'm sorry." Gamora is in shock again, trying to process what he just said.

"It's fine-" She shrugs, rubbing her arm awkwardly. "It was probably-"

"Just the heat of the moment-"

"Yeah, probably-"

The two stand there, rubbing their arms and avoiding eye contact. They both jump when the door opens, revealing Nat's pale complexion and red hair.

"Woah! Am I-I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" Nat asks, defensively. Peter and Gamora give each other a look before shaking their heads in unison. "Okay, then...anyways, Gamora-you wanna go shopping or-"

The Zen-Whoberian turns her head towards Peter as if asking him if he'd come with. "Uh, alright...would Peter be able to join us?"

Nat shifts her eyes between the two in confusion. She smirks a bit, seeing something between them. A sigh escapes her mouth as she shrugs. "I can't see why it'd be a problem."

"Sweet!" Peter exclaims as he clasps his hands together and rubs them, creating the sound of sandpaper. "When are we leaving?"

"Well it's a Tuesday, which means-"

"We can't go until after extracurricular activities." Peter finishes with a nod.

"We have choir after school, you could meet us in front of the performing arts building around five-ish?" It's more of a question than a statement.

Before Gamora can speak, Peter interrupts her once again. "Here's the thing, Nat. I think we have a new member." A soft smile crawls upon his face as he glances at Gamora.

"I told Peter I would try."

Nat smiles as well. "Trust me, you'll love it." Suddenly, her eyes get wide. "Oh, shit! I forgot about my eggs!" She runs out the door and down the stairs, Peter and Gamora trailing behind.

"Nat, you forgot about your eggs again." A boy, slightly more muscular and taller than Peter says with a light chuckle.

Nat sighs, rolling her eyes as she enters the kitchen and approaches a plate of scrambled eggs behind a mahogany breakfast bar with a black, marbled countertop where Shuri and a few other kids were seated at. The boy snakes his arms around her abdomen and plants a quick kiss to her cheek.