Chapter 7

Maddie's POV

I look up when the door opens and Caleb walks back in.

"You were gone for a while, everything good?" I ask.

"I went to talk to Bella," he says after a moment, walking over and sitting beside me on the small couch.

"Oh," is all I say.

"I was going to tell her that..." he starts and shakes his head, "we just argued some more."

"I'm sorry," I say softly.

"She wants me to come home," he sighs.

"Are you?" I ask.

"I think I'm gonna take Cade's offer," he states.

"That's great," I smile.

"But not yet. I just wanna be alone here for a little while," he walks over and looks out the window, "you're the only exception," he smiles at me, "I'll take your company anytime."

I smile back, "anytime."

"Bella has a doctor's appointment tomorrow," he runs a hand through his hair.

"You're going, aren't you?" I ask.

"I don't know," he shrugs.

After a moment I stand up and walk over to him, "you should."

"Really?" He turns around and looks at me.

"Yes, Caleb. I know you're upset with her, but you still need to be there for her through this."

He looks at the floor for a moment, "Yeah. Okay, I'll go."

"I actually have to run because I have some work to do at the studio," I give him a sad smile.

"Oh, okay. I'll see you later," he says.

"Yeah, see you," I say before leaving.

Whenever I finish at the studio, I walk out and hear my name called, "Maddie!"

I turn to look and see Bella. I sigh, "Yes?"

"Have you seen Caleb?" She asks.

I stare at her for a moment, "Yeah, I have."

"Where is he?"

"Why would I tell you that?" I cross my arms, "he obviously doesn't want to see you, Bella. But I mean, can you blame him? After you slept with his best friend while being married to him?"

She glares at me, "I want you to keep something in mind. He is MY husband and we are going to be having a family soon. I'm warning you, don't you dare be trying to take him from me."

"You're warning me?" I laugh, "oh wow, you are so scary, Bella. I'm not trying to take him from you. I'm trying to be a friend and help him through the heartache that YOU caused him. Whether he stays with you or not isn't up to me. I'm not going to be doing anything to try and make his mind up for him."