Chapter 22

Maddie's POV

"Okay, yeah, thanks," I hang up my phone. I have a show scheduled for me this weekend. A smile spreads across my face when I have a thought. I go to my contacts and find Caleb's. I press the call button.

"Hello? Everything okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine," I smile, "I was just wondering.."

"I'm actually almost at your apartment now," he interrupts me.

"Oh really? Okay," I say.

"See you in a second," he hangs up.

A moment later I hear a knock on the door. I open it and smile at Caleb.

"Hey," I say.

"Hey," he smiles back, "I was just coming over to check on you."

He steps forward and I shut the door. I go over and sit down and he sits with me, "you're sweet," I say.

"You feeling okay?" He asks.

"Still pretty sick," I laugh.

He gives me a sympathetic look, "oh, you were saying something on the phone?"

"Oh! Yes. I actually have a show this Saturday, and I was wondering if you would mind playing rhythm guitar for me?"

"Of course I will," he smiles.

"Thanks," I smile back.

"Just like the old days," he says softly.

"Yeah," I nod, "back when we were.. together."

He doesn't say anything. He just looks up and stares into my eyes.

Caleb's POV

"I'm home," I say, shutting the door.

Bella comes out of the kitchen, "Hey. Where were you?"

I look at her for a moment, "I was at Maddie's."

"Oh," she raises her eyebrows, "she invited you over?"

"No, Bella," I accidentally snap, "I went to check on her."

"Oh. Because I'm sure she needs some checking up on," she says.

"Bella, I have to be there for her," I say.

She looks up at the ceiling, "I know."

"She has a show this Saturday, and she wants me to play rhythm guitar for her."

"Oh! Does she?"

"Stop," I say, "stop being rude. She hasn't done anything to you."

"And you said yes?" She asks.

"Of course I did," I throw my hands up.

"Okay. Well have fun," she says before going into Caroline's room.

I roll my eyes and shake my head sitting down on the couch.

Maddie's POV

It's been a little while since I've done a show. I sit backstage waiting for Caleb. Finally he comes in and smiles at me.

"I'm a little nervous," I laugh, "but definitely not like I used to be."

"You're going to be amazing, like always," he smiles. He puts his hands in his pockets before feeling around, "shoot."

"What?" I ask.

"I forgot my wallet. At home, I guess. It's okay," he says.

After the show, I go into the dressing room backstage to get changed back into my regular clothing. I zip my shorts and I'm fully dressed except for my shirt. I walk over and take my shirt from the rack and the door opens. I look quickly and see Caleb.

"Oh, gosh. I'm sorry," he says, looking away.

"It's fine," I laugh nervously, putting my shirt on, "it's not like you haven't... seen more anyway."

"True," he laughs.

"Okay," I tell him when I'm fully dressed, so he knows he can look again.

He smiles and walks over to me, standing right in front of me, "I just wanted to come and tell you how amazing you did tonight."

"Thank you," I smile, "thanks again for playing rhythm."

"You really are incredible, Maddie, I have never met anyone like you," he says softly.

I stare into his eyes for a moment as he stares back. Suddenly, his lips are connected to mine again. I deepen the kiss as he picks me up and sets me on the counter. I feel his hands go to the bottom of my shirt and he pulls it off of me. I do the same to him when suddenly the door opens and I hear a gasp.

"How could you?!"