⠀⠀The older pursed his lips and sat down at the table while Jungkook reached for his heavy textbook. Turning on his heel to sit down on the chair, Jungkook lost his balance and fell backwards. With Taehyung snaking one of his hands around Jungkook's waist and the other around Jungkook's shoulder, the younger landed lightly on Taehyung's broad chest.

⠀⠀A quiet whimper was uttered from Jungkook when he landed, but his beating heart was much louder in comparison. He stayed put for a second before Taehyung eased him up back on his own chair. "Still as clumsy as ever, huh, Kookie?"

⠀⠀"Shut up," he grumbled out with his cheeks tinting pink.

⠀⠀"Cute," Taehyung muttered to himself just quietly enough that Jungkook couldn't hear him. This actually reminded Taehyung of the day he first met Jungkook. He and his friends were having lunch at their usual table when Jin walked over with a short and scrawny Jungkook. Being the klutz he was, Jungkook tripped over the cement stairs in the lunch courtyard, leaving a lasting first impression on Taehyung. Sure, puberty did its job and Jungkook was now a few inches taller and more fit, but he remained as cute as he was back then.

⠀⠀"So, what don't you understand about derivatives?" asked Jungkook, bringing Taehyung back to reality from memory lane.

⠀⠀Oh yeah, the main reason Jungkook came over was to help with this math crap. "Just, uh, everything. I don't know- shit's hard," he explained and crossed his arms, his biceps flexing naturally.

⠀⠀"That definitely narrows it down," Jungkook quipped with sarcasm. The younger then remembered math didn't come naturally to everyone like it did to him, and he realized he was being too hard on Taehyung.

⠀⠀Putting pencil to paper, he wrote down a few problems. "Here, I'll do a few examples. If you don't understand something, feel free to have me explain it again." Jungkook's tone sweetened like coffee when sugar and creamer was added to it.

⠀⠀While Jungkook explained each problem, Taehyung slowly lowered his chin onto Jungkook's shoulder. This time, Jungkook eased into the touch and let Taehyung be. Actually, he found it kind of cute, honestly.

⠀⠀After a few problems, Taehyung was getting the hang of things, but he ran into another problem instead—his growling stomach. "Ugh, I'm hungry. I can't concentrate on an empty stomach," he whined out with a rasp.

⠀⠀The taller boy stood up and checked the fridge to only be disappointed at his stomach not being the only thing empty. "Shit, I think my folks forgot to go grocery shopping. There's nothing microwavable."

⠀⠀Eyebrows quirked, Jungkook walked over to take a look in the supposed empty fridge. "Why are you being such a drama queen? Your fridge isn't even empty. You got chicken in the freezer and-" Jungkook paused and opened the cabinets to then spot some noodles and alfredo sauce. "You can make some chicken alfredo, you dork."

⠀⠀Scoffing at his comments, Taehyung looked at Jungkook like he was spewing nonsense. "The hell? You think I know how to make that?"

⠀⠀Completely baffled by this man, Jungkook looked off into the distance in disbelieve as if he were in a sitcom breaking the fourth wall. "You're kidding, right?"

⠀⠀"Nope," he answered nonchalantly.

⠀⠀"I- Then what can you make?" asked Jungkook.

⠀⠀"Oh, ya know... Just the essentials—cereal, PB and J, hot pockets."

⠀⠀"Lord..." sighed out Jungkook, looking flabbergasted. Then again, it made sense that the rich boy couldn't do jack shit for himself. Jungkook's mouth formed into a straight line before he looked at Taehyung with his trademark doe eyes. "Want me to, uh, make you something?"