Chapter 1 - First Encounter

Start from the beginning

After two long art periods, and a five minute break — insufficient to do anything but get to the next class, Amanda was late to history class. Well, that hair wouldn’t tame itself. And she had the worst hair day ever. She breathed in, ready for any yelling or punishment that may come from the ever-so-punctual Mr. Brom. The knob turned, the door creaked, she stepped in and… no yelling followed whatsoever. Instead, she was greeted with his nod and a gesture to take her seat. Amanda carefully sat down. She could feel the tension in the air, something felt very wrong and very strange. Did she just travel to an alternative universe, is he going to expel her, what the hay is going on. Mr. Brom’s voice interrupted Amanda’s trail of thought,

“How nice of you to join us Miss Finn.”

Amanda avoided eye contact and stared down at her desk, covered with her pen and marker markings; as Mr. Brom continued,

“Young Mr. Halphert is absent today, sick.” A sign of relief ran across Amanda’s face, Jimmy gets himself into trouble all the time. Sick is better than found stoned and detained, or even worse found picking locks of principe’s office. Something he did quite often, trying to impress Amanda with his lock picking skills that he just learnt from that youtube video he’s seen. Jimmy should seriously stop watching that rubbish.

“Miss Finn are you still with us?” Mr. Brom’s voice reached the young being, she momentarily looked at him with her hazel eyes.

“In his leave, you are assigned a new buddy, Joanne Styles.” What? Who is that? Rang in Amanda’s mind. Before she had the time to look around, a towering girl sat down by Amanda, briefly smiling at her. The girl looked really different with her brown hair in a boyish haircut. She also didn’t seem to be very friendly. And so the class resumed, Mr. Brom teaching all about the warlords, feudalism, and the good ole times.

The bell rang. Amanda couldn’t wait to get out into the halls and devour that sandwich that has been patiently waiting in her locker. Before she could leave the classroom Joanne obstructed her view,

“Hi, sorry I didn’t have the time to introduce myself and catch up.”

Amanda just stared at her confused.

“Would you mind to join us in the lunchroom?” Joanne asked.

“Us?” Amanda was lost.

“Yeah, me and my cousin. We just transferred here and it we’d love to grab a bite with you.”

“Yeah, sure.” Amanda almost greed but then changed her mind “Some other time maybe? I already have plans, sorry.”

“Sure.” Joanne didn’t seem impressed at all, or offended. She just walked away.

Amanda rushed over to her locker. 36-5-18. She turned and turned the combination, but it didn’t seem to unlock. “C’mon!” She tried one more time, and it failed. “Crap!” she yelled under her breath, kicking the locker with her foot.

“Do you need help?” A calm and gentle voice reached her.

“Sorry?” Amanda turned around, to be struck by a vision of a blue-eyed boy with a messy mop of mahogany hair. His leather jacket a bit worn. He looked down and then up at her, half-smiling. “That is my locker, you know.”

“What? No, this is mine.” Amanda retorted, still somewhat shocked. Gawd, he was dreamy. Just like out of the movie. She tried to clear her head of all the silly thoughts that were trying to invade her mind.

“I am maybe new, but I am pretty sure that this is my locker. One o three.”

“No, this is one o two.”

The boy just continued to looked intently at her, slightly studying the girl before him. Half-smiling and not saying anything.

Amanda started to feel that she’s about to blush. What the fizz A? Keep yourself together. She could hear Jimmy’s voice inside her head. Ha ha, he was always the perfect person to bring her back to her normal self. She looked up at the locker, the painted over blue numerals read “103”. Amanda turned a shade of pink “I am sorry”, she blurted in the direction of the boy. She did not like being wrong. Ever.

He just continued to smiles back “No worries. My name is Harry.” He extended his hand.

\\

a/n

Thanks for reading the 1st chapter! Please leave your comments and feedback below. I welcome all sorts of citicism and help. Thanks so much and I hope you'll enjoy the 2nd chapter. I'll post it next week.

xoxo,

Wright