Time Zones / grayson

786 words
x
Grayson and Ethan had been in Australia for the past week, they wanted to go and Grayson had begged you to go with. He knew you had school but it would have really meant a lot to him if you had gone with. You told him you really needed to stay at home for school because your finals were coming up, and you needed to focus on studying for a while. 

He completely understood why you couldn’t go with. He wanted you to do well in school and finish off your senior year with the best grades possible. It was your dream to get into a good college and start off with a good career, and Grayson knew that. 

“Come on, babe! Please come with.” Grayson had begged you to come to Sydney with them, he even offered to pay for your plane ticket.

“You know I can’t, G. I have finals coming up and I need to study. You two go have fun. I won’t go anywhere.” You say, grabbing him by the shoulders and looking at him stern in the eyes. 

“I just wish you could go. I’m sure your teachers wouldn’t mind that much, y/n!” 

He used every excuse possible to try and convince you to go with, but you kept saying the same thing, that you needed to stay. 

“Alright, y/n. I know you need to focus on highschool. I’m glad you’re doing so well. I’m going to miss you.” 

-

Today was the day the boys would be leaving to go to Sydney for the next 3 weeks. You were completely proud of their success. 

“I’m gonna miss you boys. Don’t forget to call and facetime me.” You say, giving Ethan a bear hug and proceeding to give Grayson a hug and a kiss. 

“We won’t ever forget about you. We’re only leaving for 3 weeks, y/n.” Grayson says, holding your face in his hands, kissing you once more as the flight gets called. 

“I love you, Gray. Have fun boys!” You say, waving to them as they walk off.

“I love you too, y/n.” Grayson says, waving and turning around while walking to his flight with Ethan. 

You had been at home alone for the past week, the days going by slower since the boys were gone. You missed them a lot but you couldn’t get around to telling them. You knew it would make Grayson want to come home and you didn’t want to ruin the fun you knew they were having. 

They made sure to call you on facetime every chance they had, which made you extremely happy. They always updated you on what they had done that day. 

You were in the middle of Calc, taking the notes your teacher had written on the board. Your phone started vibrating and you knew you were getting a call. 

“May I use the restroom, Mr. (y/t/n)?” You asked, trying to get out as quickly as possible 

“Go ahead, y/n. Make it back quick please.” Your teacher said, scurrying you off. 

You walked out to the hall and answered your phone. 

“Hey Gray, I’m in Calc. What’s up?” You say, making sure he was alright.

“Oh shit. I’m sorry, y/n. I totally forgot about time zones. I just missed you, is all.” Grayson says with a hint of sleepiness in his voice. 

“I miss you too, Gray. But you’ll see me soon, alright?” You say, reassuring that he’d be alright. 

“I know, y/n. But it isn’t the same. I miss seeing your face when I wake up in the morning. I miss hearing the sound of you snoring at night. I miss you making Ethan and I pancakes because you know we can’t cook for shit. You know, we’ve had to order food for the past 4 days because all Ethan can manage to make is mac and cheese.” Grayson says, giggling a bit and you can tell he just rubbed his eyes even over the phone. 

“Oh Grayson. I love you so much. I miss you a ton, too. But I’m always gonna be right here when you come back, alright. You won’t be gone for much longer. And you’re in Australia! Cmon, please have fun.” You say, begging him to have a good time for the rest of the trip. 

“Alright, y/n. I love you so much. I’ll see you soon.” Grayson says with a smile on his face. 

“I love you too, Gray. Now I have to get back to calc, Mr. (y/t/n) is probably wondering what’s taking me so long.”

“Good luck, y/n. Have a good day, babe.” Grayson says, hanging up the phone.