Chapter 7.

Waiting at the airport was the most frustrating thing's I've ever done. I didn't think some of the humans and supernatural species could be such ass holes. Jeez.

There was no, 'I'm sorry' or 'excuse me, can I get past?'. No, it was just a whole bunch of chaos. People pushing each other around, screaming and swearing beyond belief.

Words I wouldn't use around my son, but words I would use when he wasn't around.

I looked at the time on my iPhone, and realised their flight should be here by now. It's 1:30pm. First class tends to come out before everyone else. Odd.

Standing up, I looked around at the other people waiting for their loved ones. I wasn't the only one waiting and looking at my watch every few seconds. I'm an impatient person and I hate it when people are late, even if I'm never on time myself. Distressed is not the only word I would use.

Before booking the flight for both of them, I made sure Nathen's and Trevor's passports were up to date. That they packed the necessities such as papers, health records, and others. Those will be important when they join our pack later on this week.

No signs of two mops of blonde hair. It's been another ten minutes, and still no signs of Nathen and Trevor anywhere. This is a total piss take.

A flight from France should take two hours, three at most. Tick tock. Tick tock.

"Uncle Casper!" a loud patter of feet and a familiar voice woke me up from the trance that I was in.

Looking away from my phone in time, I caught the little rascal and swung him around. Loud giggles broke the chaos that the airport was in, making me smile.

"Trevor, my buddy. Where's your mummy?" I asked him, looking around for Nathen before kissing the little one's face.

"I'm here, I'm here. I hope you didn't wait long, first class que was atrocious." The blonde barked out, giving me a quick kiss on the lips. It was almost a feather of a touch, but it left me smiling like no other.

Nathen had that about him. Kissing people on the lips as a goodbye or a hello, even when he was excited or happy. That's just Nathen for you. A lot of people that weren't close to him didn't like that, but the rest were more than happy about it.

I'm not surprised. Nathen's cute, with his ear-length blonde hair. Lavender eyes which many swear by that only one look and you'll be lured to them for the rest of your life. I cannot forget about the happy-go-lucky attitude he sported out every day; what can I say?

Nathen is cute.

But at the same time, the only feeling's I felt towards him were platonic. Strange thing's.

"Don't sweat about it, Nat. How was the flight?" I asked, picking up the two adult-sized suitcases and the small backpack from Trevor.

"TERRIBLE." He barked out, swatting at the heat that hit us after walking out of the airport, and into the open car park.

I snorted and looked at him.

"It couldn't have been THAT bad."

"Oh, the actual flying bit was fantastic, but when a five-year-old child drinks a carton of apple juice before getting a flight and then has to go to the toilet every five minutes, THEN we have a problem."

Trevor smiled cheekily, getting a grin from me and a ruffle of his hair from Nathen. Packing the suitcases inside the boot, I slammed it down and looked at the two bickering.

It's going to be a loooong ride.

"Tre!" Beau screamed. His little body slammed the main door of the pack house, and the patting of his small feet made me turn around some more.