Project: Cure for those demons 6

Start from the beginning

Taija took up the textile and looked at it for a short while," May I please out an order at a new piece of textile, or have a big discount."

She hold up the textile and pointed out a small hole in it, not even big enough to put a finger through it. But it was clearly more then enough to catch her attention.
Alice wondered why it was such problem with a small hole like that, it was just a tiny hole after all.

Taija first looked at her as if she just remembered how inexperienced Alice was.
" Even if it only is a small hole, it don't takes much for it to get bigger and bigger. If you only get your finger through it, it will be bigger and soon it can swallow you whole hand. All because there was a tiny hole to begin with."
Alice looked at her own hand for a second, "Will the hole get bigger if I would press my clinched fist against it?"

Of course she know the answer herself, but she wanted to hear it from Taija to.
Taija had all right to look at Alice as if she was an idiot, which she also did. "It will still be bigger, but you will need push harder."

Could it be the same thing with other materials, like the crystal? If that was the case she maybe could be able to relax soon enough. But before she did that, she needed to let Taija bosses her around for a while. She could have helped Alice and Ellen more then she ever could believe. Even if she could behave like a cuddle loving hag from time to time.

............................

Ellen silently cursed the situation.
It wasn't enough that her father had given her a more or less impossible task, it also turned out that what she did was horrible. Even if he tried to motivate it with that they needed to let other suffer so they could survive themselves. But would it really make it more accepted?
She had tried to change the machine for the better, but according to Jack there were no changes in the crystals. At very least not enough changes for her father and his co-workers to be pleased.

Which meant the first of the three week she was given to success had passed, a third of the time before they got thrown out at the street. And to Jack's advises she hadn't told Alice about it. Her heart wouldn't be able to bear the pain of knowing what could be waiting them if Ellen failed.
The worries had started to take out their rightful parts of Ellen life. It was bothering her when she was sleeping, when she actually took the time to get some sleep. Her thoughts was circulating around the task all the time, making it harder to do the cleaning or anything else serious.

After this was done, she would need to apologize to Alice for everything she needed to cover up for her. Even if things didn't turned out well and they got thrown out at the street.

Ellen had been silently cursing her younger sister when she interrupt at the morning. She hadn't felt like eating, but still Alice had forced her to eat. Maybe a part of her princess like heart had some good parts after all.
Ellen came to the conclusion that Alice didn't trusted her anymore since she came to pick her up when it was time for them to eat dinner. Even if she probably only meant well with it, Ellen couldn't deny that it was slightly annoying. She somehow felt that she was about to process with the task, but it wasn't the first time she felt like that. And every time it had turned out to be wrong and she just was at the same place as before.

Ellen had just washed off herself and walked toward the kitchen. The annoying "princess" had ordered that Ellen would join her for a bath together, as a punishment for that she had helped less with the cleaning lately. If it wouldn't have been because it was true, she would have ignored the request and walked straight back to the workshop after eaten dinner. But since Alice wasn't meant to know about it, she had no choice to follow her request so Alice wouldn't suspect anything.

She dropped a heavy sigh while washing, Jack had been looking irritated at her during the dinner, without saying a word to her. His message was clear, he wanted her to finish the request. But if he didn't want Alice to know, he maybe should try to act normal. Instead of going to the library without a word directly after he was done eating.