4. Project: cure for those demons.

Alice curled up under the blanket, she was still feeling cold just like the day before.

Tired she could hear how they were moving around in the house. Not even trying to move around silently, instead they walked around just as loudly as ever, if not even worse.

"Why can't they be silent?" she muttered for herself and curled up even more under the covers.

She felt a little better than the day before, but she wasn't well yet. It was a pain to be sick, it was just boring. Even cleaning would have been more fun. Which she now left for poor, poor Ellen to do alone.

A light guilt built up in her. It really wasn't fun to clean the house, and even less to do it alone. Yet her beloved sister, that didn't even do it well, had to do it alone while Alice herself was just taking it easy.

Alice spent some time to build up and try to ruin the same guilt before she heard that Jack left the house.

She couldn't spend the whole day in bed, so now it was time to get out of bed. Freezing she left the warm bed to go and get dressed. Silently she cursed the cold rather then her own warmer body.

"Good morning Ellen," she greeted when she arrived to the kitchen.

Ellen had already started to wash the dishes, but as the kind person she is, she had left some food at the table for Alice.

"Good morning Alice, are you awake now?"

Ellen sounded uninterested in her voice. Maybe she was bored of taking care of Alice already, or it could be that she already had start to drown in her own thoughts.

"Did father said anything about that I hadn't got up when he left?" Alice asked when she took her place around the table.

Not that she really cared about it, but it could be a good question to start up a conversation with her sister. Ellen did after all cared about their father by whole her heart, so it could be a good opportunity to start it.

"Jack asked me to let you rest and to take care of you."

He didn't said anything in other words. Not that it really mattered a anyway. All that mattered was that her sister was there for her. Everything else was nothing of interest.

"Will you occupy the sofa today to?" Ellen asked when she got the dish from Alice.

"It is really relaxing to have you around me, so I will use the sofa again."

Alice had decided to rest in the sofa before even leaving the bed. She did really relaxed in an other way when Ellen was around, in comparison of if she would rest in the bedroom, alone.

To her surprise Ellen had already put a blanket and an extra pillow on the sofa. She was really caring for her, even if it could be because father told her to, but still.

Alice took her place in the sofa and covered herself with the blanket. It was still just as cold as it had been in the bed, but it felt so much warmer.

Slowly she sank into slumber, listening to Ellen while she cleaned the room. Alice couldn't have been happier, she was not alone in the house anymore.

Alice didn't know how much time that had pass when someone woke her up.

The one that woke her up was no other then The annoying woman Taija.

"What are you doing here Taija."

She didn't know if she was having a bad dream or if that woman had sneaked in with or without permission. Either way Alice didn't like it.

"I can to see how you was doing little Alice. I heard that you had caught a cold and decided to bring you some good tea." Taija didn't seem to care that she could be sick by staying close to her. But in case she got sick later, it would be her own fault later.