Project: Cure for those demons 6

Start from the beginning

Alice left the workshop after given Ellen a worried look. She had already started to work again like if Alice never had bothered her, but she seemed to have a little more energy now then before Alice had forced her to eat.
She let out a heavy sigh, it had all become a mess after Jack given Ellen this task. He even seemed to start being a little worried for her. But it was mostly overshadowed by the fact that he show irritation because Ellen both was slacking off more during the cleaning and that Alice tried to cover up for her sister. Sure, he had a point when he said that she needed to learn to balance the house chores and work. But was he really someone to complain about that. When he worked as hardest, he never did any house chores. Not that he didn't even try to do any of the chores afterwards either.

Ellen did at least try to balance it, even if it wasn't going well.
Alice let out another sigh, it felt like it just was to swallow it. There probably wasn't much that neither she, Jack or any friend could do to help her. At least she didn't thought so.

Worried for Ellen she left the house after doing her chores. The only positive thing with day could be that she and Taija had decided to meet at the marketplace. But it was only because Taija had promised to help her with ideas for making Ellen a dress, which didn't even seemed like a good idea anymore. At least not as long Ellen worked like she did. And who knew for how long she would work like that.

Taija started with a glad greeting when they meet, but stopped in the middle of it.
"And just how are you feeling Alice?"
She know that Taija meant well with the question, but it came out very rude because she stopped her glad greeting to ask.

" I am just slightly tired, I didn't got a good sleep last night."
It was better to pull an innocent lie then to try explain the situation for her. The lie itself was also trustworthy, mostly since Alice already had been suffering from sleeping problems.
Taija let out a light sigh and tired sigh. It seemed like she had fallen for the lie, and it was probably for the best.

After a light conversation they began to search for a beautiful textile Alice could use for her next project. In Alice mind it was no longer sure that the project would be a dress to Ellen. But it was not easy to say it straight out to Taija, she was just as stubborn that Alice could be. So she would not only go on and nagging her to do it, she would probably also suspect that it was something going on.
And that was nothing Alice wanted to go through.

After looking at all the stalls had to offer and Alice had made up a couple of good excuses they walked to get some frozen cream that Taija had promised to treat Alice at.
Alice found it impressive that there was people that offered frozen cream since it didn't existed any refrigerators in this world. But it could be because of cog technicians it all was possible to make it on demand.

"Can you please tell me what's going on Alice?"
Alice took the frozen cream Taija handed her and gave her an evil look, "There is nothing going on."
It didn't seemed like she had been able to trick Taija after all. She maybe needed to learn how to trick Taija later on, otherwise it could turn out bad time after time.
Taija didn't trusted Alice answer and continued to nagging Alice, she even did some bad guesses and pinched the problem.
"If you are worried about your sister, it only proves that you have a bothersome sister."
Ellen wasn't a bothersome sister, even if she didn't made the life easier for Alice. Even if she was slacking off during the cleaning and made Alice worry for her... Maybe she was a little bothersome after all, just a little.

Taija patted her on the head as if she had seen her whole mind patter.
"Will you still make up excuses for not buying textile to make your sister a dress?"
"Even if I make her a dress, it isn't a big chance that she will wear it."

They ate the last of the frozen cream in silence, then when they were done Taija dragged Alice along to a stall. They had talked about how beautiful the textile was earlier.
"Pick a textile you wish for Ellen's dress, so will I help you make it."
That wasn't a request or offering, it was an order to Alice.
Being bossed around by Taija, she at last choose a textile. It was a textile in a darker blue colour with patterns of light blue wintertree petals. It was somehow fitting Ellen.