6

Shelby's P.O.V.-

I was glad that Sam and Colby, Aaron, Corey and Jake were willing to let me live at their house until I can find a place of my own here in LA. I do miss Michigan and my friends in Michigan, but I think living in Cali will be a nice change of pace for me, but also good for my health, I think. Both Sam and Colby were more than happy to help me set up my new room and move furniture around so that I had a dresser and a desk, seeing as the couch that was already in the room was a futon. Sadly, none of the sheets I brought fit on the futon mattress, so Colby loaned me some sheets that he had that he wasn't using at the moment, which was nice of him. After all of my clothes were hung up and whatever didn't fit in the closet was put in the dresser, the sheets were put on the mattress and my computer and other electronics were on the desk, I realized that it was time for lunch and that I was famished because I didn't have any breakfast before I left Michigan, which was an idiot move. Since my new room is off the kitchen, I meandered into the kitchen to scope it out for food to eat. While looking for food, I discovered that each of the boys has their own cupboard that they keep food that they like in, Aaron's had a shit ton of hot sauce and egg whites in it and the other four had glasses and random snacks in their cupboards. Since I didn't like any of the food choices in the cupboards, I decided to rummage through the pantry and the fridge for food. I didn't see anything that I liked in their pantry and their fridge was pretty much empty, except for a few bottles of hot sauce, a carton of egg whites, some bottled water, hard liquor, some deli meats and other random things. I couldn't believe that these boys had no food! How did they survive on a daily basis? I shut the fridge door and then I felt a presence next to me. "boo!" "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I screamed, I stumbled backwards. I tried to catch myself on the island so I didn't fall on my ass, but I grabbed at the sink in the island the wrong way and my right arm made a loud popping sound. "HOLY SHIT!" I exclaimed, "THAT FUCKING HURT!" When I exclaimed that I was hurt, I heard the footsteps of five people thundering around on the second floor landing and down the stairs, as I sat on the floor, cradling my right wrist and trying not to cry in pain. "Oh my gosh! What happened?" Sam exclaimed when he saw me on the floor cradling my wrist. "I was just trying to have a little fun and scare Shelby a little bit..." Colby stuttered. I didn't say a word, as I was crying too much to speak. As Colby, Sam, Jake and Corey tried to figure out what to do, Aaron and Devyn helped me to calm down so I didn't pass out or anything like that and then Aaron gently pulled me up to my feet and walked me out of the kitchen, Devyn following us silently, towards the front door. On our way out the door, Devyn snagged Aaron's car keys so that she and Aaron could take me to the nearest hospital, since Sam, Colby, Jake and Corey were freaking out. Aaron gently helped me into the backseat of his car and he and Devyn got in the front seats and Aaron cautiously pulled out of the driveway. When Aaron started up the car, the guys came running out of the house, and all piled into Colby's car and followed us to the hospital. When we got to the hospital, Aaron went to help me out of his car when Colby basically Tokyo drifted into the spot next to us so that he could help me out of the car. When Colby got out of his car, Aaron told him to stay back, and he did, even though he didn't want to. Colby, Sam, Jake and Corey made room for Aaron and Devyn to get through to the Emergency Room doors so a doctor could look at my wrist.

~A couple hours later~

A doctor saw my wrist and told me that I broke it, so I'm in a cast now and also pretty high on pain killers. When I was released from the emergency room, Aaron carried me out to his car and laid me in the backseat again and I basically passed out, because I was so drugged up, so I don't remember the car ride back to the house because the next thing I knew, I woke up to Aaron screaming at Fortnite. When I woke up, my first question was 'why am I in Aaron's bed' and my second question was 'how am I gonna pay for the ER visit? I don't have a job or insurance.' I went to get up out of Aaron's bed, but I couldn't without Buddy going crazy. I put both of my feet on the ground and stood up, trying to get my balance and before I could take a step, Buddy went nuts. Aaron turned around, taking his headphones off, and asked me how I was doing. I shrugged my shoulders, as I took a step and Buddy attacked my feet. "Buddy, no." Aaron scolded. I mumbled my thanks to Aaron and walked out of his room out to the landing and down the stairs to my room. When I got downstairs, I was greeted by a mini surprise party thrown by Sam and Colby and Corey, Jake, Devyn and Kat, Sam's girlfriend. "Surprise!" they all shouted. "Why?" I asked. "We wanted to do something nice for you, considering what happened today, but also Colby here is sorry that he scared you and broke your wrist." Sam said. Colby looked at the ground sheepishly. "You shouldn't have done this, but I appreciate the thought." I said smiling. "Since you know a lot about all of us, lets go into the living room or the game room and you can tell us about you." Colby said as he grabbed my right hand gently and pulled me into the game room. When he asked me to tell them about myself, I was mortified and scared. I wanted to wait a while to tell them about my childhood and life leading up until this point, and I definitely didn't want to tell Katrina and Devyn about my childhood. "Can one of you go and get Aaron? He needs to hear this too." I said nervously. Colby jumped up and went to go and get Aaron and I got up and pulled Sam out of the room and into my temporary room to talk to him privately. "Sam," I said shakily, "I don't think I'm ready to tell them about my life up until now... I know that I will have to eventually, but now isn't the right time, I mean, I just broke my wrist and you just brought me here from Michigan." "I know," he replied, "but if Colby wants to know, you have to tell the story now, or he will force it out of you later." I crossed my arms across my chest and pouted. "I don't wanna do it now!" I whined to Sam. It was quite clear that Sam didn't care if I wanted to do it now or not, all he was thinking about was me telling my story now instead of later, when I repressed everything and never wanted to think about any of it ever again. "Fine." I grumbled, as we walked out of my temporary room to see that Colby was back in the game room with Aaron. When Sam and I entered the game room, he pulled the empty luvsac behind me and sat down and then patted both spots next to him, signalling for Katrina and I to sit down next to him, which I politely declined. I caught my breath and tried to control the shaking so that I could tell my story. "Well, here goes nothing..." I said inhaling and then exhaling deeply, before beginning the story of me, Shelby, the girl from the Michigan exploration videos.