Chapter 4: Shopping with Mind Chaos

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Noticing how the brunette now stared at her fingertips, the green Who took a step forward to inspect them as well. "Of course it makes sense! You've should've seen yourself! All passed out in the snow, fingers bloody and as cold as ice." He squinted. "What a stupid idea that was, climbing up the mountain by yourself. Did you want to die? You know there's a garbage shoot down there, right?" His nose twitched in annoyance, looking down at her like she was the dumbest person alive. Brittany cocked an eyebrow at him while fiddling with the wrapping.

"Yeah, I saw it. What does that have to do with anything?" Brittany asked with a sniffle and looked up into his eyes, pretending to be intrigued. Of course she knew there was a shoot down there, and what it was for, but why would she tell him that if she was supposed to keep up her ignorant facade?

"Well, I use the one up here when I need to...visit that wretched town," he grimaced when speaking about the place, nose scrunching. "And I use the one down there to get up here. Simple."

Brittany tapped a finger to her chin in thought. This could definitely be used to her advantage. Easy access to the city meant easy living! If the plan was to live here for the time being, she refused the idea of scrounging around for a comfortable lifestyle with god knows what lied around. A bolt of excitement struck her upon the thought of entering that welcoming town and buying (more like stealing, now that she thought about it. She had no currency and the Grinch wouldn't want her abiding by the law anyway.) a mattress and some blankets, because there was no way she was going to spend her nights sleeping in that "precious" recliner her new roommate so generously (reluctantly, actually) let her rest in. Not only was it springy, but she was sure that it hadn't been cleaned once. That chair should've been labeled a disease ridden abomination in her book.

She was going to get a proper bed, and that was that. Well, not completely, but she didn't know that yet.

"Oh, I'm sure it is simple," the small adult replied, dropping the facade act for a moment and ignoring the fact that The Grinch used a garbage shoot as transportation. "I think it'll be nice to go down there soon and get some things-" Her sentence was cut short by a shout.

"NO! Absolutely not!" The green Who exclaimed, his yellow eyes wide and piercing into her soul like before when he interrogated her. Brittany shrunk slightly under his gaze, feeling that twinge of fear from before licking her insides.

"Huh? Why not?"

"Because!" He huffed, crossing his arms over his chest and looking away with a pout, his intimidating presence suddenly diminishing. "They're...they're The Who's!" His chin lifted high in an almost parental way. "I won't have any partner in crime of mine be tainted by their jolly goody-two-shoes Christmas spirit!" Before Brittany could respond, the Grinch swiveled on his heel and marched off, hands folded neatly behind his back. He looked like he held authority, but the scraggly appearance of both him and his home didn't do him any justice regarding him looking like a gentleman. No, he was far from that.

Brittany blinked and took off after him, a cocky smirk painting her lips.

"Aww, you care about me! How cute," she teased, and the Grinch rolled his yellow eyes dramatically.

"Correction, sweetie: I don't care about you. The simple fact is that if you're gonna live with me you're gonna live like me." He rounded a corner rather speedily just to be the ass that he was, causing the girl to push her wobbly legs harder to catch up with him. The green Who felt a glare to the back of his head and he smirked at the small revenge.