you should see me in a crown / grayson

4005 words total x
apologies in advance for any errors x

x

Day after day, she dreaded the morning. All the responsibilities, the major and minor problems she constantly had to deal with. On top of that, she couldn’t even live a normal life. Her day was filled with the constant reminder that she wasn’t a ‘normal girl.’ Women fixing her dress at any chance they got, fixing her makeup, etc. Men asking if she wanted blueberry or chocolate chip pancakes that morning. But it really didn’t matter to her. She didn’t need perfect skin every morning. Her hair didn’t need to be perfectly styled. Who cares what pancakes she was given? Her parents did. Everything needed to be perfect. According to them, they were indefinitely the best family known to man. She disagreed completely though. They could do something totally better with their gracious amounts of money. Who cares how many white horses they owned? Can’t they help poor families or something? Donate money to a church. Anything. 

“Y/n, sweetie. We have an important event to go to tonight. Mr. Dolan will be riding with you later and your mother and I will be in a different vehicle arriving earlier. I expect Grayson to keep you safe but if you need anything at all call me or your mother.” The way your father presented himself was so spiffy its as if people didn’t even need to see his face to know it was him. That’s one thing you loved about your father. He cared so much about his appearance but not what other people thought of it. He only cared if his wife liked it. The love they shared was beautiful, something you could only hope for. 

Since day one they’ve always loved eachother like nobody’s business. Most people assume it was a planned marriage due to the fact they both came from royal families, but that wasn’t the case. They grabbed on and never let go. You would love to have that. Have someone care so deeply for you they’d do anything for you. 

“Ma’am, our ride has arrived.” The tall man whom your father hired as your personal bodyguard stood tall in your doorway, looking at your vanity mirror and smiling politely at you, but still keeping the same tall and buff figure he held when he first met you. You turned around after you finished applying the dainty pale pink lipstick that looked perfect on you. As you smiled softly at the man, you pushed yourself off the chair and held your dress down. “It’s y/n, Grayson. Call me y/n. Ma’am is too old for me. I’m 18. Not 47.” 

Grayson stifled a laugh as he walked behind you down the long wood-floored hallway. You walked out to the black car and Grayson rushed up to open the door for you. 

“Grayson I’m perfectly capable of opening a car door. But thank you.” You laughed and brushed your dress down as you sat in the car, lightly tapping your foot most of the car ride.

Quiet music was played, silence taking over very quickly. 

“Jonathon? Can you hand me the aux please?” You spoke softly to the designated driver of the night, reaching your hand out and grabbing it once he held it out to you. 

You plugged it into your phone and turned to Grayson, handing him your phone and telling him to pick the music. 

“Are you sure? You might not like it.” Grayson tried handing your phone back but you pushed it back towards him and smiled, “Is it country?” 

“No bu-” Those were the only words Grayson could get out before you laughed and told him to play whatever his heart desired. 

Kid Cudi began playing soon after and you smiled at him as he handed you your phone back. 

The ride was pretty normal after that, the usual small talk you’d have with basically anyone, the quiet music playing, and the trees rushing past the car windows in a flash.