4

"You took a while, where were you last night?" Aya asked calmly as she ate her breakfast.

Dio noted on her appearance with interest. Her cheeks were of a lovely shade of pink, while her skin shone positively under the morning sun. She was radiant, beautifully radiant. It was a wonder how she managed to turn this attractive.

He tried to regain his bearings with a cough, "I was just going for a walk, the night breeze felt nice."

"The last time you went for a walk, it took but a mere 10 minutes. This time, two hours. Care to explain?"

'Why does she sound so much like a mother?' Dio thought with a frown.

"I just had a change of heart, it happens." He explained himself, and reluctantly took some bread from her hand. She kept offering him food, but he did not know whether to actually eat it or not. He was still dead in her eyes, or did she somehow figure out about his beating heart?

Aya chuckled, "I can tell that you're uncomfortable, Dio."

'Drat.'

"It's alright. You can be honest with me." She whispered, then sipped calmly on her tea. It was frightening how a few years managed to make her look so mature...

The blonde sighed, uneasy. "Okay."

Aya tilted her head at the awkward silence that followed, "Dio?"

He looked up and scratched the back of his head in a boyish fashion, trying his best to explain in the least insensitive way... in case she were to be shy.

"Well, last night... you... had company..." he muttered.

"Ah." Aya nodded once, her eyes fluttering shut for a few seconds. "So you saw us."

"Uh, yes. Yes I did... and, I didn't want to be a bother, so I took my distances." He explained bashfully in a delicate way that could have her retain some of her modesty. Being rash in these things would do him no justice; Aya was still a lady, and he wasn't ignorant when it came to desires. There was no shame in seeking companionship, he had to make her sure of it.

He expected the brunette to blush or appear moderately embarassed at his revelation, but she remained calm. There were no signs of restrained emotion behind her clear blue eyes, she was completely unfazed.

After an agonizing five minutes of silence, Aya smiled.

"Is that all?"

"Hm? Yeah."

"My my! What a proper gentleman you are!" She laughed good-heartedly. "But oh, Dio! There was no need to take that long! The man finishes far too quickly."

Dio felt like he could choke on his own spit after that revelation.

"Ah, well, I did not need to hear that." The blonde admitted shyly.

Aya grinned, "there's no need to be shy, really. Our relationship isn't exactly different from others, in fact; its the talk of the town."

"Oh?"

"I could tell you about it if you'd like."

Dio did not want to pry... but part of him was far too curious to say no.

"If you're not uncomfortable sharing..."

"Not at all."

"Okay. Please tell me more about this gentleman, then."

"Well first of all, his name is Jonathan, Jonathan Bernard, he is a french man." Aya revealed with close to little interest. "His family moved here two years ago, for work. Back at the time, they had caused quite a stir; twasn't much who had seen people from France around here.