"That's not possible," I croaked. "I saw you that day..."

My head instantly clicked. Andrew.

"What did you tell Andrew?" My eyes narrowed up at him despite the immense fear coursing through my veins.

His lips widened into a smug smile. "The truth. Nothing but the truth." 

He closed the small distance between us; his nose skimmed past my cheek before hovering above my ear.

Eric's sickeningly sweet tone transformed into a murderous growl. He released his hold on my chin, moving his hand up to grab a bundle of hair and yanking it to the side.

I swallowed the scream threatening to exit my throat.

Classy move, Eric.

"That you left me for dead."

"No, I didn't," I hissed through clenched teeth. 

The anger I felt was nothing compared to the guilt and anxiety consuming my soul.

"No..."

"Don't you feel guilty, Lia?" His deep voice echoed in my ears, tauntingly. "I had to leave town. I was in the hospital for two years because of you."

My mouth suddenly felt dry. Every single word spewed from his lips hit me like a ton of bricks. I was rendered speechless. Pathetically speechless.

"I'll leave you to drown in your guilt." The back of his hand softly stroked my cheek - a large contrast to the contact I had received earlier. "You look beautiful Lia." 

The crunching of the grass ricocheted in my head as he returned inside the house. I was left alone with the cool breeze whipping my face...and the surfacing memories.

It wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault. It wasn't m-

"Rosalie! There you ar- Are you alright?" 

My eyes were glued to the spot Eric once stood, unable to snap back to the present. The ghost of the past haunted me with wicked taunts. 

No! It wasn't my fau-

"Vi! Did you fin- oh..."

I could see my body being shaked, but I was numb. The color drained from my face at the constant thought of Eric.

"Rosie, are you alright? You're pale as a ghost," Vivian whispered to me. 

Her voice was full of caution as if she was talking to a baby holding a knife. One wrong move and game over. But I wasn't fragile. I didn't need anyone walking on eggshells around me.

"I'm fine," I murmured.

Surprisingly, Justin stared at me with worry flooding his feautures. His eyes scanned the surroundings before returning to me.

"No, you're not." The harshness of his tone immediately snapped me out of my daze. 

My blank facade returned, masking the trembling fears troubling me. It wasn't long until a reassuring smile lifted my lips.

"Let's go inside." I spoke robotically, brushing past Vivian and Justin.

"You should give her space," I heard Justin murmur to Vivian as my feet moved on its own accord. His voice growing quieter and quieter as I moved farther and farther.

"I'm not going to leave her agai-" At this point, the loud chatter of strangers around me fully severed her voice. 

How can you feel so alone when there's so many people around you?