Chapter 2

I woke up to my phone alarm going off the next day and I got out of my bed and started to get ready for work. This didn't consist of much because when you live in a broken shack like I do, there isn't too much that you can do, especially not before a mile long walk to the pub that I work at.
I enjoy working at the pub as I've said, i have my friend Dan, I can charge my phone there and I'm actually not too bad at it. Needless to say I'm extremely lucky that they hired me because without it, I would have nothing.
Once I had got dressed into my uniform of black jeans and a black shirt, I brushed my hair and put on my usual make up from which I had left before I lost everything. The thought of life before with Charlotte saddened me because during that time period, I was so happy, everything was perfect and even though my mother had abandoned me and my farther was non existent, I had her and I had a house and money. I guess it was about time for me to grow up anyways as I'd always been spoon fed even when I was living in my old house alone.
I left for my walk to work, I started in thirty minuets so I should get there about five or ten minutes early, just how I like it. I walked pretty fast so getting there has never been a problem before, it helped that I was reasonably tall now, I'd say around 5'7 or so and most of the length was in my legs, allowing me to take reasonably wide steps.
The weather outside was pretty warm seen as though it was summer but I guess it was just the same as inside the shack so it's not a big surprise as I stepped out of my chipped wooden door. My long hair was blowing in the mild breeze as I set off walking out of the woods and into the town where I worked.
I arrived at work seven minutes early so I took my time getting everything sorted and making sure that I was still presentable after the breezy walk to work, and within a few more minutes I was ready to work and took my position behind the bar as my friend Dan walked through the door just on time.
Dan was never on time and he more often then not looked pretty wind swept or like he'd only just woken up.
"Morning, how are you?" I asked him as he walked into the bar area to get his order pad.
"Yeah I'm good thanks, a little tired though." He responded. "How are you doing Bdawg?"
  I had to laugh at this as he did a gang sign at the announcement of 'Bdawg' and also how he had a little tuft of hair sticking up at the back of his head.
"I'm good thank you Ddawgy, you have a tuft sticking up, let me sort this before we get anymore customer complaints about your unpresentable like manor." I joked as only a week previously we got a complaint about 'the man with the scruffy hair' and it'd now become a running joke between the two of us. Needless to say, the manager herself doesn't find it quite as amusing.
"Thanks B" he laughed after I'd sorted it out.

The rest of the working day seemed to go on forever, very slowly but surely It finally ended at the dot of 11:30, which filled me with so much happiness as my feet were aching.

"Hey B, I have an idea." Dan said as we both walked out of the door from work.
"Ooh what's the plan batman?" I responded
"Okay so I thought about this last week and I took my time to order you a dress so that we could go out on the town , my treat!" He almost squealed in excitement.
"D you didn't have to do that! And you definitely don't have to buy me drinks!!" I almost shouted, also a little in excitement.
"Come on Brooke it'll be so much fun! I have the dress at my house so let's go there and get changed and then I'm taking you out to my favourite gay bar!" He responded pretty much pleading me at this point. Dan is also gay so it made it easier for us going out together but also harder to communicate to each other about crushes on other people.
"You're too good to me, but this sounds like a time I haven't had in a while." I said as we started to walk to his house.

The dress was stunning, it was a red bodycon dress, sleeveless and short with a slit up the right leg. I didn't wait to get changed and just threw off my clothes and put the dress on as quickly as I could. I then topped up my make up and Dan stole me some of his mother's perfume so that I could smell like I had a house and a reasonable life. He also bought me a black leather clutch from top shop to go out with.
Man I have the bestest friend!!
And I'm not going to lie, I do look damn good.

"Wow B!!" Dan said as he walked back into the room to see me. "And finally, I got you some heels, I hope you like them."
He pulled out a box from behind his back and opened it to reveal the most beautiful shoes I had ever seen. Dan isn't short for cash but I never thought he'd do this for me! They were black and high and beautiful, I loved them so much!

"Dan you really didn't have to! You're the best!" I squealed as I ran to hug him and with that, we called a taxi and set off for our evening of fun in one of Dans favourite gay bars.