Chapter 36 - Promise

Jacob's POV

 " I love it Jake, thank you" Emily said, her voice weak, but getting stronger. She marvled at the quileute version of a promise ring I gave her. " I'm sorry I left you" I said softly. " This time I could've really lost you." I said wiping away my tears.

" But you didn't Jake, your never going to loose me" she smiled. I let a sigh of relief. Every time I turn a corner it seems like she's close to dying. I'm going to protect her more than ever now. She's having twins. My kids.

 I looked past Emily's gaze. Ren standing the the doorway.

" Thanks Ren" Emily said. He nodded. " Can I talk to Emily ?" He asked. I nodded.

" Thank you Ren" I said before walking out the door.--

Emily's POV

I'm 4 months pregnant now. I'm getting a little bigger than I than I thought I would. Jake's away alot on patrol. It's mostly Seth and Paul that stay with me. But everyone in the pack takes turns. I walked downstairs to see Paul, sleeping on the couch. I walked over to the refriderator with a sigh. I opened the door to be hit by the cold breeze.

No food.

No good food.

Nothing looked good to me. I placed my hands on my stomach, rubbing it in circular motion. What do I want? What do I want? Icecream.

I opened the freezer door. Ofcourse. No icecream.

I grabbed my keys and pulled on my boots. I turned back as I heard Paul snoring on the couch. I couldn't blame him. I knew he was tired, patrol was hard on them.--

6 months later

" Really Paul" Everyone growled looking at paul holding Olivia

" What?" I questioned looking up at Jake holding me in his lap.

" Paul imprinted on Olivia" Jake gritted through his teeth.

" That's cute, I know you'll be good to her" I smiled.

" Is it even possible that this can happen?" I asked. " I mean, Leah imprinted on Daniel and now Paul has imprinted on Olivia. Both of my kids had already found there soul mates before they turned 1 month old." I smiled.

" It's very rare" Sam spoke softly. Jake kissed my hand started playing with my fingers while everyone carried there conversation's.

I placed a small kiss on  his lips and turned back to everyone.--

My heart beat slow as the tears were pouring down my face. Jakes tears hitting my shoulders. Paul standing silent with Olivia and Leah the same with Daniel.

I looked down that Billy's cold lifeless body. We weren't even home at the time of the heart attack. Everyone is so shocked. Expecially Jake. No one thought this would happen to Billy. Not this soon. He was the only really real family he had left besides Rachel and Rebecca. Now my Jake is broken. Just like I was when he stayed picking up my pieces. Now, I'm picking up his.

" Please, let's all take a moment of silence for the fallen"