Chapter 6- F-U-N. Not so much at a Funeral

Jacob's POV

I watched the waves crash on the sand. The beach was pretty much deserted. Except for one family. I watched as the mother took her little girl down to the water. I laughed as she sqrieked and laughed at the cold water. The water wasn't that cold. But I wouldn't go swimming in it. Paul's training for the surfing competion in two weeks. Paul is a very good surfer. The judges are coming here because they want to see how surfers surf in colder water. I still remember the trip we took to hawaii. Paul got second place in the nationals. A guy won the first place title. He was really good.

Emilys POV

"Your gonna love our new house Emily, It's huge." my mom said squeezing my knee. I gave her a half smile. She was trying to push her feelings away. But I knew it wasn't going to work for that long. I knew she was going to have a break down. Aiden's funeral is on the edge of La Push beach. There's a little church there where it will be held.---

I played with the end of my dress as the preacher talked about Aiden. I looked around at all of the pictures him. He was always so happy. He was willing to do anything for anyone. He was the best brother I could have asked for. Sniffles from behind me shook me out of my daydream. The church was full of people. All of them had come for Aiden.

I took him away from all of them. If I wouldn't have gone to that stupid party. He would still be here. I knew I shouldn't have gone. I knew that something bad would happen.--

I broke down when I saw him. His body. So pale. But he looked good. That's what my mother said. But she too would have a break down. My mother doesn't usually cry infront of people. Nither do I.

crying makes me feel weak and pathetic. But I knew that I couldn't hold it in. I did this to him. I'm the one that should be dead. Me. Not him. I looked around again at all the people. Mascara running. Tissue's in wadded balls. Then I saw her. Aiden's girlfriend. Elizabeth. She came over and hugged me. Her arms around my neck. I broke down. How can she be hugging me when I killed him?

I guess I haven't cried because I thought he was in a better place. He was. But how is it that I'm here and he's not. I don't deserve to be here. " Stay strong" she whispered in my ear. I nodded. " You too"

I walked out and walked across the road. It was misting. Not fully raining yet. I took off my shoes and started walking towards the water. It was nice here. Peaceful.