Ch. 25 Other

Raza's quiet was interrupted by the two males breezing through the double doors of his lounge. Sighing dramatically, he looked away from the raw diamond he was holding and the rainbow it painted on the wall.

"Is there a reason you intrude?" He asked, his voice not doing much to hide his boredom. His oldest friend and most trusted adviser, Arkaelis, stood slightly behind the Childe who had thrown the doors opened. Raza found his anger amusing. He was still unable to control his baser instincts and his fangs had extended in his anger, as his green eyes swam with crimson blood.

"You messed with his head, took his memories." He hissed, his eyes more red than green now.

Raza smirked, holding up the diamond again to watch the sunlight reflect off it. Secretly, Raza himself was upset about the situation and how his hand had been forced but he couldn't show that. That stupid pup almost ruined everything. The wolves have always been irrational with their mating bond, letting instinct take hold and handing control over to their beast. It was senseless and always resulted in causing more harm than good. Though Raza was dealing with his own guilt towards the situation, what he wanted to know was who told the Childe.

"He won't trust you— when he learns what you've done."

"Who's going to tell him, you Maverick?" Raza stood and met the Childe's red eyes, his own becoming pools of gold. With his Glamour still intact, the full extent of his powers were dulled but it was obvious that he was still something...other.

"It would be the right thing to do, he's my little brother."

"When have you ever cared about doing the right thing for family?" It was low but Raza couldn't risk him finding out and possibly hating him or worse, fearing him.

The Childe hissed, backing away and bumping into Arkaelis. Raza could just imagine the male's wings ruffling in annoyance if they were visible. Maverick stormed from the room in the same fashion he'd entered.

"He's right, the truth always has a way of showing itself." Arkaelis spoke in that soft way of his. It was odd seeing the male in one of the Humans three piece suits and without his wings. Raza had nothing to say in response, so he reclaimed his seat. "Your father sent word to confirm that the key has been retrieved."

Raza sighed. "Indeed." He hated that it would be in a time like such that he would finally be given the name of his Chosen. Fate, that bastard, surely he would have been killed by now if so many didn't love him as much as they hated him.

"The animals know what's coming, the futility of their running...and the messengers of Death warning those who listen."

"Hmm." Raza hummed, not really interested in having this conversation. He knew what was coming and all that could be done at the moment was to be patient, to wait it out. "You have been my friend for how long now, Arkaelis?"

The male laughed lightly, the sound nothing more than a whisper. "Since the Sun shone its first light."

"In what way do you think my Chosen would accept this gift?" Raza held up the large uncut diamond. "A ring perhaps?"

Arkaelis rolled his eyes. "Your Chosen doesn't come off as the kind of male to wear rings or any jewelry for that matter."

"His kind like beautiful things, beautiful shiny things." Raza reminded him.

"Yes, that's true but he has lived among Humans all his life."

Raza huffed, looking at the diamond. A slow smile lifting his lips at the thought of the small blond. He couldn't wait to return home with him, show him his true self. Introduce him to his family and friends, spend all the time in the worlds just in the company of his Chosen. It sounded like the perfect life to live. "Did my father happen to say anything else?"

"Only that he awaits your return home and is eager to meet your Chosen."

Raza's smile grew. He has always been close with his father, being his only child. Unlike many who had their children raised by the servants, Raza's father, Azra, chose to raise him by himself. It's what he wanted after all. It was his choice to create a son and he wanted to teach him everything he'd learned through his years of living.

"Find out who is telling the Childe of my doings, please."

Arkaelis nodded in respect and shut the doors behind him softly. Raza sighed, pocketing the diamond he'd held onto for all these years as a gift for his Chosen. Now he had to find a way for his Chosen to accept such a gift. Arkaelis was right, the small blond never wore any jewelry and didn't seem to want to. Maybe that will change in time. Maybe he'll accept it because Raza is the one giving it to him.

He wanted to see him. Go to him now just to be near him, even if that meant doing absolutely nothing. He could get lost taking in all the things that made up him. Like the disarray of his blond curls that sprung up all over his head, or the way his eyes sparkled in the sun and the golden tones appeared that were usually hidden in the darker browns. Raza adored the way he loved his siblings so fiercely, how protective and caring he was. He could only hope there was room in his heart for him.

They have so much to learn about each other but Raza knows it will be easier when he can feel the full impact of their bond. He'll heed his cousin's warnings until then though and let Time take it's course. He has no intention of harming or risking his Chosen's well being.

Thankfully, he won't have to wait too much longer.
_______________________________