Chapter Eight

Yuri's POV

 Monika just came by and dropped my phone off. We had a little chat, and I thanked her for keeping my my phone safe. She left and now here I am, alone again. All right, I have my phone back. That's nice. I check the screen, and it says I have a few texts and... an urgent message? I unlock it and check.

Potential intrusion. 1 picture(s)

Oh god why... out of all people I thought Monika wouldn't look! Unless... 

It's Natsuki.

The picture is of an irritated Natsuki glaring at the screen. That means she was trying to... breach my privacy. I decide to text Natsuki about this, not telling her about the picture.

Yuri: Hello, Natsuki?

It took a few minutes until my phone vibrated and snapped me out of my daydream.

Nat: whats up

Yuri:I was just wanting to thank you.

Nat: ehh..?

Yuri: For keeping my phone safe and not doing anything to it.

Nat: didnt moni drop it off?

Yuri: Yes, but she said you had it initially.

Nat: oh yeah

Nat: Youre welcome

Yuri: So I just left it at the diner?

Nat: yup

Yuri: So, no one looked on it, right?

Nat: no not that i know of

Yuri: It says someone tried, are you sure you don't know?

Nat: yeah i said i didnt see anyone

Yuri: It also took a picture of the person.

Nat: ...

Yuri sent a photo.

Yuri: They look pretty familiar, don't they?

Nat: Oh my god sorry I was just messing around I didn't unlock it or whatever 

Yuri:...Alright, but don't do it again.

Nat:sorry I wont

And that ends that. I guess I'll write my poem now. And change my screen lock...

...Err, well...

I am a bit hungry. I'll just go to the cafe and write. I get ready, and I put on a turtleneck and black sweats. The cafe is always cold. I grab my poem, phone, and coin pouch and put them in my oversized pockets, and take a pocket knife in case someone tries to jump me. It's happened. Not to me, but it's happened.

I start walking to the cafe, taking in the afternoon. It's nice to just go on walks and clear your mind sometimes. It's been a while. I eventually make it to the cafe and order a warm vanilla chai tea. I pay, and as I turn around to find a table I see... 

"Monika?" She looks up from her book. "Oh, hi Yuri! Wanna come sit and chat?" I nod my head and walk over to the seat across from her.

"Hi!" I say and give a small smile. Monika says hello back, and we start talking. It was only for a few minutes, until they called my name.  After getting my drink, I sit back down.

"So, where were we?" I ask. 

"Oh... I can't remember... Well, is there anything that you'd like to talk about?" 

I think for a second, then pull out my phone and unlock it.

"Umm.... Yuri?"

"Ahh yes, it's just I need to show you a picture...."

I show her the picture of Natsuki, and she looks confused.

"My security app took a picture of her trying to get into my phone..."

Monika pauses briefly, and simply says, "Oh, she said that's because she wants to become friends. She didn't want me telling you that, though!" She giggles.

...Natsuki wants me as a friend...?

"Yep." Monika scares my out of my thoughts.

"Ahh, did I-"

"No, it was pretty much written on your face, though." She giggles yet again.

"Hmm."

"Well, I gotta get home. Try talking to her tomorrow!" She winked, and got up to leave,

I thought I always made her mad... And now she wants me as a... 

friend?