Between the Here and Now

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Daddy, look! I'm a sand bender!" Izami looked as an older, but still young, version of herself moved her hands upwards, the sand following. She looked at her father, his face frowning slightly like it always had been." Daddy?" Izami's younger self frowned slightly, dropping the sand she had moved. Her father spared her a look, and smiled slightly. Izami could feel her heart speed up slightly.

"That's very nice, My Little Blue Bird. Why don't you come over here, and I'll read to you."

"Ok!" Izami's kid self ran to her father with a wide grin.

The scene changed again, and it was Izami with her brother Tachi. Tachi was smirking, holding a fake kunai in his hands.

"Ok, we're going to attack Kazuma-kun. He has to show something!"

"Do you want to die? He'll kill us!"

"Just shhh. He won't kill us."

"And if he doesn't Father will!"

"You worry too much! What can go wrong?!"

"...No good ever comes after those words are said. Man, what a drag. I'm gonna regret this.''

"At least we'll die together." Izami's younger self shook her head, and planted herself on the ground.

"No way. I want no part of this."

"You're no fun." With that, Tachi ran forward. Izami's younger self popped up, smiling as he poked Kazuma's butt. Kazuma didn't seem affected, but quickly grabbed the fake kunai, and broke it. Tachi's face fell, but both versions of Izami burst out into laughter.

Once again the scene changed, and it was night time. Izami was watching a nine year old roam outside.

"Izami-chan, what are you doing outside?" Izami looked to see a man with silvery hair, and a mask covering his face lean against a doorway. looking at her in amusement.

"I can't sleep. I'm nervous for graduation tomorrow."

"Shouldn't you be happy?"

"...Sasuke-kun will be mad..." Izami's eyebrows scrunched together. Graduation? From what? Surely not school unless she was the smartest kid ever. And who was this man? Who the hell was Sasuke-kun for that matter? Izami couldn't be sure. Things were becoming blurry.

Memories passed by her. A young Izami picking flowers with a twelve year old blonde, and a same aged girl with strangely pink colored hair. She saw a young man of fifteen with wild brown hair, weirdly shaped eyes, and a huge white dog beside him, grinning at a fifteen year old Izami, and handing her flowers while he kissed her cheek. Izami saw a seventeen year old version of herself fighting random shinobi, and kissing one with short black hair, wearing the stone uniform.

She saw a sixteen year old self arguing with a sixteen year old girl with bright red hair, and red colored eyes. She saw a sixteen year old boy wearing a purple shirt, and white hair teasing her as he smirked at her. And she saw a orange haired boy hovering around her, seeming to protect her from something she couldn't quiet see. She saw a blonde haired blue eyed boy wearing an orange and black jumpsuit grab at her. She saw the same pink haired girl talking to her, smiling, and laughing. She saw the same man with sliver colored hair, and a mostly covered face giving her a necklace with a fan-shaped pendent.

She saw the same guy with the dog, nudging her as they walked down a unfamiliar, but familiar street. They both had shaved ice cream in their hands. Izami would then see a man with short, brown hair, and black eyes with his forehead protector covering both sides of his face as they spoke about something. She would see him again on bridge. In a forest. She couldn't name what they were doing.

She would then see three people. One with black hair, and blue eyes. A boy who would smirk at her, and tease her. A boy with brown hair, and grey eyes smiling at her, blushing around her. And an older man with dark hair, and eyes giving her a lazy expression. A worried expression. A guilty expression.

Izami saw a person with spiky, black hair, pale skin, and coal colored eyes in various ways. She saw a younger version of him, a kiddie version, eating a rice ball with her. She saw him as an older teen, protecting her from an attack from a similar looking man with cracks in his skins. She saw him fighting her in a sparring session. An older guy with long black hair watching them with a smirk on his face.

Izami saw this guy in various ways. He popped up more than others had popped up. Izami knew, she felt, that he was important to her, but she couldn't place how, or where, he could possibly be important. All these people she saw, Izami knew were important people to her. But who were they? She got feelings every time she saw any one of them, but they were fleeting, and she could never name them, or the feelings.

Comrades. Suddenly popped into her head, but that didn't seem quiet right. Not for all of them. Some of them were more important than merely comrades, but she couldn't quiet name it.

Lover. Teammates. Teacher. Father figure. Friends. Enemies. Child.That last one took Izami by surprise. Child? When did she have a child? She didn't have a child. Did she?

"Mommy! Look! Floler! Floler!" Izami turned to look at a small child, a boy, with curly, black hair with hues of blue in it. He had big coal colored eyes that were thickly lashed, and pale skin. He grinned widely at her." Floler! For you Mommy!" Izami couldn't move her arms to accept the yellow rose." Mommy?" The boy's big eyes teared up slightly, lower lip jutting out. Izami wanted to comfort the child, but couldn't make her body adjust to do so.

However, something painful popped in her chest when the kid disappeared. The light disappeared, and she was surrounded by the dark wetness again.

"Hey! Come back! Don't leave me in the darkness!" Izami yelled out, feeling scared.

"Scared. Why am I always so scared?" Izami gasped slightly as the little kid's voice cried out." I don't want to be scared anymore. I want to be strong. Cool, And awesome like everyone else! I want to..."

"Wake-up!" Izami gasped slightly as the voice broke through the darkness." Izami-chan, please, wake up! Wake up!" Izami's eyebrows scrunched together. Who was this? She recognized the female voice, but couldn't place it." C'mon! Hitomu-kun needs his mother. Sasuke-kun needs you too. What about Kakashi-sensei? Wake up." Hitomu? The snowman. Why would he need her? He's a snowman! None of the names registered in her mind." Izami-chan?" The voice began to fade out, but the name was repeated.

"Who are you?" Izami asked, confused." What the hell is going on?" She questioned, feeling lost, and confused."Am...Am I dying?!" She yelled out, suddenly more terrified than she thought she could ever feel.