Prologue

A tall figure clothed head-to-toe in black robes walked down a lonely midnight path. A single lamplight illuminated their destination; an abandoned train station. The platform was ominous and deserted, the classic definition of kenopsia.

Night time walks had grown into a common routine for them. Whilst the shaded sky above provided a calm atmosphere for their mind, it also put them at ease to know they were hunting for something and getting closer each day.

Their employer gave no specifics, only handed them an odd device and said to follow its tracer. It was shaped like an old 90s television, with antenna poking crookedly from the top of the box lid. A bright yellow paint coating, it stood stark against the murky backdrop of trees and shrubbery they had been trekking through for the past who knows how long. The bulbous screen centred on the box displayed a surprisingly HD aerial map.

There were two dots on the screen, besides a compass in the lower right corner, one blue the other black. The blue dot was them, or rather the tracker, and it followed where they went. However, the black dot, which kept flashing on and off resentfully, was what they were tracking.

The only problem? The intervals of what they liked to call 'The Magical Black Dot's Disappearing Act' were extremely unfair. To them, at least. For the majority of each day, the black dot spent rehearsing their act, which meant bad news for the cloaked figure, as they could not follow it.

However, from their understanding, the black dot was only able to trace awakened embers, which meant there would be no accidental use as it was subconscious. At this moment, the ember was not active. They were only focused on travelling in the direction on the map they had seen it last, which happened to be somewhere North North West-ish. Give or take a degree.

As if merely thinking of the ember had summoned it to them, it appeared on the screen in a blink and beeped a quick hello. The cloaked figure started, and adjusted their coordinates, before setting off once more through the dense thicket in search of their meal.

~~~~~~~

Ember: the core of each of 'The Seven' heros' power

Hi I would like to owe the creation of this book to two books which have inspired me to write this.

1- We On: Be The Shield (A BTS Webtoon)

2- Fae (A BTS FanFiction) by PocketBangtan

^^ this one is on WattPad so you should totally check it out if you haven't already *wink wonk*

On the other hand, it is very late as I write this, so please forgive any faults on my part. The other chapters will be better structured (and longer), I just wanted to give a brief background and intrigue you into reading this book.

Hopefully I accomplished that?

; Madsonyeondan