Chapter Six

Chapter Six

I froze at the very moment, admiring the view around me. I turned my gaze to Enzo. For the first time, I saw him smile, a real and genuine one. He looks so carefree and happy. It made me want to see him always in that state.

“What are we doing here?” I asked in confusion.

“This is my favourite place. I go here when I want to get out of my shitty life.” He said as he closed his eyes.

“It is really nice here.” I snugged his coat that he put on me to keep me warm closer to my body, wrapping it around the uncovered part of my skin.

“Yes indeed. You are the first girl I brought here.” I didn’t expect that.

“So you bring boys here?” I joked to lighten up the little drama we were having.

I heard him chuckle. “I didn’t know you have this silly side of you.” He shook his head, still chuckling.

“I don’t know I have that side as well.” We both let out a laugh.

We had a little walk along the shore silently. I have to admit that somehow, I can say that I was wrong for mentally judging Enzo from the way I saw him. Pain was plastered in his face when he said his grudge to his mom. Money and luxury is really not enough to complete someone’s life.

“Why do you like to make yourself suffer being just a maid?” He questioned when we are heading back to hotel.

“I told you it’s for my mom. She’s been your family’s maid since you were ten, right?”

“Yeah, Claire. I felt sad when she died as well. But why do you make yourself responsible for continuing her job? Why don’t you just go to school and you know, study?” I looked down and closed my eyes, remembering mom.

“It was her last request to me before she died. You see, mom loved your family so much. She asked me to work as a sign of gratitude to your family.” My heart ached at the memory of my mother telling her last request for me before she died.

“Hmmn. You must have been through a lot then. You know, if you’re like thinking about the money we spent on her hospitalization, it’s nothing. You don’t have to work to pay for that if that’s what your mom is thinking. Another, if she’s also thinking that you should do the job she has left, because she owe our family big time, I actually think you don’t really need to work as a maid in exchange of her. I see it as too much.” Maybe he’s got a point.

“But I love my mom and I will do anything she wants me to do.” I turned my gaze on the window, preventing my tears from falling.

“I understand. But you know parents aren’t always right. Sometimes we have to do want we want in life for us to find our self.” Those words from him, I can never forget those.

He stopped the car at the entrance of the hotel and handed his keys to the valet. He opened my door and ushered me until we reached the room. I comfortably made my way to the sofa and took a seat. He followed after me.

“So, how are you?” He touched the side of my face. Damn, that sent shivers through me.

“I-I’m okay.” I stuttered.

Enzo stared at me for a moment as if he was examining how I am. He’s still calm. Calm as ever.