Chapter 1

“That shift was hectic!” Misha exclaimed as she fell down on the metal bench of the employee’s locker room. Her blonde hair in a very messy bun and her black working apron thrown on the cream tiled floor.

 I agree with her one hundred percent. The small diner she and I were working in at London was packed. The diner to be honest never entertained that much of people in one day. The old diner would just be quiet and three to four people would be inside but today the place was packed, probably because the train was canceled because of a malfunction.

“Hey Alex.” I turn to Misha while I was untying my apron from my waist.

  “What is it Misha?” I asked. These strings can get on my nerves.

 “It’s your final year in boarding school right?” She asks.  She doesn’t know that I attend a magical school. All she knows is that I attend a school with a scholarship.

 “Yes.” I nod taking the seat next to her.

“You know Alex.” She starts shifting her weight so she could face me. “You never told me what school it was. All I know is it’s in Scotland. We’ve been friends since we were 13 don’t you think I deserve to know where you attend?” She says looking at me straightly with her piercing blue eyes.

“It’s just a boring old boarding school Misha. Nothing to get worked up about.” I ignore her attempt to let me speak about Hogwarts. Even though I am 17 years old I still can’t talk about Hogwarts to a muggle. In other words I didn’t want to get expelled from Hogwarts.

 “Fine.” She pouts and crosses her arms on her chest.

“You’re not going to drop this, are you?” I ask her. Maybe I’ll tell her all about Hogwarts once I graduate.

 “Yup.” He answers. “But hey, if it’s not something for me to know yet then don’t say it.” She smiles and stands up. She opens her locker and threw her apron inside and got her coat and her bag. I do the same and get my coat from mine.

We said our goodbyes to Sarah our boss and Joshua the cook. They waved goodbye and greeted us a goodnight. Misha and I walked out the door greeting the chilly air of the late August air. Misha and I walked home. It was a busy night as usual the streets were crowded, people rushing home and finally calling it a night.

 “It’s so cold!” Misha whined rubbing her hands together.

“The faster we get home the better.” I laughed. It was only a few blocks before she reaches home and I have to take a bus or maybe just apparate.

 Finally we reached Misha’s house. The lights were turned on meaning her parents are home from their vacation in America. I waved goodbye to Misha as she made her way to the patio door. I watched her go inside her home and I turn away continuing to walk. I decided to go for a little walk before going home.

 I followed the pavement and it leaded me to the nearby park. It was empty yet so peaceful. I needed this peace I’m still recovering from my father’s death during the war. Memories of my father flooded my head as I walked around the park. I had loads of memories of my father here. He used to take me here when I was young he would always push me on the swings.

I sighed at the whole cheerful memory and buried my hands on my coat pocket. I should have brought my gloves with me. Why did I even forget them? This is just great. I rubbed my hands together to create warmth. While walking and warming my hands I see something in the corner of my eye. I jerked my head and turned to look who just caught my sight.

 My eyes widen immediately as I realized who it was. What is he doing here? Isn’t he supposed to be back in the Wizarding world? I thought he despised muggles?