01/13

— this garden is filled with blossoming loneliness.

"You lot shouldn't make a habit out of this. I'm not your personal Uber, you know."

Itachi glanced in the rear-view mirror as he spoke to his three passengers, who had chosen to squish themselves in the back seat in favour of having someone sit up front with the Uchiha. Wedged between his two friends [Name] and Naruto, Itachi's younger brother Sasuke sat cross-armed with an evident scowl on his face as the pair raucously roared about their excursion, obviously feeling fulfilment at their adventurous night together.

"I mean, if you want us to start paying you, we can!"

Itachi blinked as [Name] leaned forward and poked her head in the front, smiling brightly at the driver. Beside her, Sasuke rolled his eyes, and Naruto let out a groan of disagreement.

"[Name]!" whined the Uzumaki, clearly discontent with having to pay Itachi for his services, which quite frankly, he offered for free out of his want to maintain his good older brother status with Sasuke.

"You know that's not what I meant," chuckled Itachi as he indicated to switch lanes, briefly checking over his shoulder. "Everything in moderation. Okay?"

"Okay! We promise we won't do it too much!"

Itachi smiled at the sight of the three bickering in the back. Like the little rays of energy they were, [Name] and Naruto still had a lot of vigour left in them, even after their long day. And even though Sasuke seemed indifferent to their conversation, feigning annoyance at being the one forced to sit in the middle, it wasn't hard to see that he was content with his friends and their chatter.

"... did you see that girl checking out Naruto?"

"She was obviously checking out Sasuke. Right, Sasuke?"

"Don't bring me into this."

Itachi's attention turned back to the road as he ignored the empty seat beside him.