Ep. 1

Episode One: The Eye Opener

"So how long have you two not talked?" Kam queried as she circled her kitchen trying to locate where Kaidence had thrown her bottle while she sat in her mother, Kesi's lap.

"It's been years Kam. We just kind of distanced and honestly I don't even know where to start with her."

"Aziah and I were best friends for like forever and then on our husbands' draft night things blew up

"Aziah and I were best friends for like forever and then on our husbands' draft night things blew up. I haven't seen her since unless it's on TV and I recently reached out to her because I heard she was in LA."

Kesi sighs before she clasps her hands together over her knees.

"I don't know how to talk to someone that was my best friend. To be honest I don't even know how we got like this in the first place."

-

Shaking her head Kam waved Kesi off as she turned on her TV to stop Kaidence's newfound fussing. Like a charm the little girl got sucked into the new episode of Bleacher Report.

"Well you two were best friends Kes, I highly doubt it's going to be that bad you know. Besides Nadia is close to her and said she wants you two to be as close as you were again. Sounds like all the bad blood is gone."

"Yeah I guess." Kesi sighed before she readjusted Kai who'd begun to babble in baby talk.

"What you gummin' about now four teeth?"

Kai smiled up at her godmother whose accent had popped out momentarily before she pointed up at the screen.

"da da , da da"

Kai beamed as an image of Brandon Ingram and Josh Hart came into view.

"Now the dynamic duo on the court may have to add a third member off the court as Josh Hart was seen being very close with A'ja Wilson after his game last night. Kam , I'm not saying anything but.."

The TV shut off as Kam sucked her teeth at the reporter, none other than fellow wag Aja Stewart who had a knack for stirring the pot then hiding her hands.

"Dis skunt." Kam fumed , her accent coming out full force "always spreadin' di wrong rasshole news."

"It's her job Kam , she probably didn't even want to say it."

Rolling her eyes Kam grabbed her bag off the counter and waved her friend off.

"Whatever , its just bullshit anyway."

"Kam , is everything alright? You're fuming, like I could barely understand what you said just now. Your accent only comes out like this when you're excited or pissed so what's good?"

After a year and some change of friendship , Kesi and Kam had grown close , so close that they often times acted like they'd known each other for ages. As such , Kesi could see in the way Kam's face was set that something was bothering her.