His pride was wounded as it should be. Turning his head Jaden saw Mason approach them in the small clearing and look at Henry on the ground confused. Jaden shook his head as Henry stood up fuming and turned to Mason.

"Instead of teaching us actual skills you stick us with some omega. I thought you'd protect us but instead were hiding in the woods starving because we have to eat rabbit and foxes. It was a waste of time coming to you" he snapped.

"You wanted to do things our way then this is our way"

"I'm tired of doing things your way" Henry growled and stalked away into the trees the opposite direction.

April looked between Mason and Jaden unsure but then followed after him. What was her deal with him Jaden wandered? Jaden walked expecting Troy and Lily to follow the other two rogues. Instead Troy mumbled something being a dick, and Lily put her hand back in Jaden's.

"I leave for a few hours and you already have them running?" Mason asked approaching him and looking where the rogues went concerned.

"I get the feeling he wasn't going to stay for long anyways" Jaden mumbled.

For now, the rogue wouldn't be much of a threat. At least not for the few days before the full moon again. Shaking off that thought Jaden looked down at Lily who fingered a hole in her dress.

"What do you plan to do about the hunters now that we know they're planning something big?"

"It's not definite that they're doing something big"

"You heard from their daughter that they're planning something didn't you?" Jaden asked looking at Mason confused.

"Yes, but maybe we can't trust what she says" he replied avoiding his eyes.

Jaden watched Mason trying to figure him out. What was he doing? They had the information they needed right in front of them. Why was he pretending like they didn't?

"Does she or doesn't she not know her parents are hunters?" Jaden asked.

Mason took too long to answer that one.

"Are you protecting her?"

"No! Look, either way, we need to focus on the hunters, not her" Mason said meeting Jaden's eyes finally.

"She is a hunter"

"No, she's not"

Ignoring the annoyance Jaden felt at Mason's stubbornness Jaden decided to continue.

"Right well, after the attack by the pack and the hunters, I think its time we face them head on finally. I don't want to risk more coming or anyone else getting hurt in our fight" he elaborated.

He wasn't used to patiently always waiting. Whenever they got the information they needed in the pack the warriors would seek out the threat. It was efficient and helped to cut down the casualties.

"How would we do that?"

"We can follow Valentina and see where the hunters live, get at them right at the source, or even take leverage"

"What exactly is your idea for the hunters"

"We get rid of them before they get rid of us" Jaden shrugged.

"We're not killing them," Mason said darkly.

Jaden looked towards his friend silently and jaw tight. This constant head-butting was grating his nerves, and it had all started since he's met with the girl.

"So we're supposed to sit back and let them kill us?"

"They have family and children Jaden"

"I had a family and was a child did that stop them?" Jaden asked angrily.