Chapter Twenty-Five (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"By who?"

"My father." I stated, getting very bored with the conversation.

"Santino put a hit out on you?" Ivan asked with amusement and amazement.

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"He was afraid I was going to slit his throat while he slept."

"You didn't?"

"No, he tried to get in my wife's pants when she was 16, so I crushed his throat with my left hand."

"So Phoenix tried to kill you?"

"I tried, but it ended in a tie. I shot him, and he shot me, and neither of us died. I got into some trouble about a year later and asked him for help." Phoenix explained.

"So you're a hitman?" Maxim asked him.

"Something like that." He smirked.

Ivan then turned back to me, and it was back to business.

"You know where he took her?"

"No." I shook my head. "All we know is that he hates you and me both, and he wants revenge for what you did to him and his family."

"I shouldn't have let him go. When he ran, I should've gone after him and taken care of it."

"But you didn't, and now we have to deal with his psychopathic ass." I said.

"Oh, you're one to talk." Knox said.

I ignored him.

"What our next step then?"

"We round up his men and interrogate them."

"They won't talk." Giuseppe said.

"Then get creative with your ways of interrogating. Threaten to chop their dick off, shoot them, waterboard them or electrocute them. I don't care. If they still don't talk, then put a bullet in their skull."

"What about his wife?"

"If you can find her, then grab her too. Grab all the women."

"Yes, Sir."

My men left to do what I told them while Ivan, Maxim, Knox, and Phoenix came back home with me.

"You been holdin' out on me." Knox said as we walked in. "This place is a palace."

"It's a house." I said rolling my eyes.

"Welcome home, Mr. Bianchi." Stella said.

She was feeling Juliet's absence almost as much I was.

"Anything new?" She asked.

"Esposito took her," I said, and her eyes widened. "And this is her real father. Ivan Kostas."

"Nice to meet you." Ivan said smiling.

"You as well. I'll go make up the guest rooms." She said just as Zeus came running through the hall.