Maybe A Purpose

---------------------

Hadn't her siblings said that she should play with her siblings of present the way she played with them?

Hadn't they said to keep them safe and sound?

Even though I hadn't.

So...maybe that's her purpose.

Protect Farfia and Gertjua.

Protect them...from the heroine and the others.

Protect her beloved brother, from bullies, heroine and everyone else.

Protect her sister...from her parents- no. They don't deserve being called that- and the heroine along with the other capture targets.

Herma then frowned, her dark brown eyes as hard and intense as the sun.

Her hatred and anger burning her from inside out as she took a huge gulp of air to calm herself down.

As easily as breathing out.

She'll get strong.

And fvking kill anyone who got in her way of protecting. She couldn't do it before. But this time...this time, she will wreck havoc if someone dared to look at them the wrong way.

She calmed herself down a little before frowning again when she shuffled through her memories.

She remembers why Farfia was such a meanie.

To everyone else that is.

Her parents; Duke Leromi Brethera and the Duchess Diama Brethera; found the perfect child in Farfia.

A haughty noble lady, with perfect mannerisms and a queen like demeanor.

Someone who would treat everyone else like the dirt under their shoes.

A lady with beauty to match with her queen like persona.

The perfect candidate for the prince.

They had high expectations of her.

And she behaved that way...all for the sake of Gertjua and Herma.

Farfia was the reason they were still here.

She had made a deal.

The perfect child- no. The perfect noble and candidate- in exchange for shelter, food, training and a last name to introduce themselves with for her siblings.

Herma and Gertjua were disgraces for their biological parents.

Gertjua, that sweet child, was blind.

And that made him a lost cause.

Though he was quiet a fast learner, they never had any respect, love or care for him.

A liability is all he was to them.

And Herma. A wild creature that belonged in the slums. They didn't even think of her as a human.

But that didn't matter to her for she had her sweet, sweet siblings.

Herma was a kind, big bubble of sunshine and mischief.

She was terrible with manners.

Always wore pants.

Learning the art of martial arts and swordsmanship, because that's what she feels the most comfortable in and her parents can't do anything due to Farfia's deal with them.

Always stopping to chat with the peasants and the servants.

Always waving goodbye and hello with wild energy to everyone she saw.

Wearing such unlady-like, wild grins.

Never walking without a skip in her steps or straight out running.

Learning horse riding.

Cutting off her hair as soon as it reached past her shoulders.

Always laughing so boisterously and wildly.

In short, another disgrace to them.

A much worst one than the blind kid.

That is why, she will protect them.

She will get strong, get a small cabin and stay in it with her little loves.

No more will her beloved older triplet will have to act like a puppet being controlled by the Duke.

No more will she have her older brother shivering as he clutches her sleeve and curls into himself, trying to hide away from all the disappointed, mocking glares and laughter.

She will have them stand tall.

That is a purpose.

==========================

Chapter five; completed