Prologue

Prologue: Bittersweet Goodbyes

It was the final day of summer vacation in the city of Iron Quill and most students were already bidding farewell to their beloved freedom and happiness. At the outskirts of the city, two teenagers were standing in front of a midnight blue car.

One of the teens was a werewolf girl, about 15 years old, with long locks of fluffy brown hair and vibrant purple eyes. She wore a lilac t-shirt underneath a light gray hooded jacket, black shorts and a pair of purple sneakers. 

The other was a Meif'wa boy, who looked about 16 years old.  He had silky snow blonde hair and deep indigo blue eyes, complimented by his sun-touched skin. He wore a pale blue t-shirt, dark gray shorts and black sneakers.

The two best friends started to cry, giving each other a tight hug. "Take care Wolfie. I'll miss you" The blond sniffled. "I'll miss you too, Jay" The brunette replied.

"I've heard a lot of great things about Sunset Wing, y'know. I'm sure you'll be happy there" Jay told his friend. "It still would be better if you could come too." She muttered, a frustrated pout crossing her features. "And I still think that you're being to quick to judge. You haven't even been there, Harmony!" He chuckled.

Harmony released herself from the embrace, "Well, bye! Good luck dealing with those popular girls without me" She giggled. "I'll need it. Let's keep in touch through text, alright? Maybe we could try to meet up from time to time" The 16 year old suggested. The brunette nodded, "Sounds great!" 

A loud noise came from the car. It was Mrs Altair, the mother of Harmony, signalling her daughter it was time to leave by hitting the car horn. Harmony rolled her eyes at her mother's impatience. "I'll text you when we reach Sunset Wing. I have to go now! See you!" Harmony chirped, opening the car's door and sitting down on the passenger's seat.

"Goodbye Harmony" Jay smiled as he waved to his best friend. "Talk to you soon, Wolfie." The boy muttered when the midnight blue car was out of view.

~-~-~-~

In the seaside city of Sunset Wing, three teens were hanging out, enjoying their last day before school begun beside the ocean

In the seaside city of Sunset Wing, three teens were hanging out, enjoying their last day before school begun beside the ocean. The trio was relaxing by the beach, talking about how they feel that school is starting again.

One of the three was a werewolf boy with deep hazel eyes and midnight black hair, who was sitting down on a plain pastel yellow beach towel, gazing at the sunset. He wore a a yellow hooded jacket with a white t-shirt beneath, as well as blue jean shorts and and simple black flip flops. He looked about 15 years old.

Another was a werewolf boy with icy blue eyes and hair the color of snow, sitting down on a red beach towel as he gazed into the ocean, distracting himself by the pretty colors reflected onto it by the setting sun. He wore a light red t-shirt, a pair of crimson shorts and gray flip flops. He seemed to be the same age as his friend.

The third one was a werewolf boy with pale emerald green eyes and hair blue, the same shade as the night's sky, which was surprisingly his natural hair color. He sat down on a powder blue beach towel whilst he read a novel that was placed on his lap, adjusting his glasses from now and then. He wore a light gray t-shirt, a pair of black shorts and dark blue flip flops. Like the rest, he looked to be 15 years old.

"How do you dummies feel about starting sophomore year on Monday?" The midnight haired one asked. While it was the final day of the summer, the weekend that was coming up would be used to get school supplies. 

"I'm so ecstatic to tutor you again, Chase" The blue haired boy rolled his eyes, closing his book to catch his friend's glare. "That was only once! Besides, you're more likely to tutor Jacob!" The midnight haired wolf, who was apparently named Chase, replied.

The boy with snow white hair turned to the duo, "I'm not that dumb! Besides, if I do need a tutor, I'm not going to choose the most strict one I know!" Jacob exclaimed, shooting a glare at Chase.

"Yeah, you'd want to be tutored by Courtney instead" The blue haired boy replied with a sly smirk, making his friend blush a light scarlet. "MAX!" He squeaked, making his friend chuckle. "Oh come on! Even though you were an idiot and agreed to date Savannah, we all know you have feelings for Courtney. Just break up with my stupid sister already!" Max exclaimed.

Sadness crossed Jacob's icy blue eyes. "I know that it was bad, but your sister is brutal. If I do break up with her and she finds out the cause, she'll hurt Courtney. I can't risk that" He replied, causing Max to burst out laughing.

"Savannah? Brutal? You can't be serious! My sister is all bark and no bite! She can't hurt a fly!" He chuckled. "Yeah. One time, she told me a crappy insult and I was like that's all ya got and she stormed off. She's no threat!" Chase laughed. "Wait what"

"She may come off as threatening, but her only weapon is tears. And trust me, if you do break up with her, she'll just move on to whichever guy becomes the beta this year, since the alpha male is already taken." Max explained. Shivers run down Chase's spine. "I'm not so sure about wanting that beta position anymore"

"Pft, relax! It's just a small negative. The positives are much larger than my annoying sister" Max replied. "Wait, it's getting late. Max, you going home soon by any chance?" Jacob asked. Max's eyes lit up. "Are you gonna do what I think you will, husky pup?" 

"Yeah. So, should we go to get that over and done with?" The snow white haired boy asked. The blue haired werewolf nodded. "Bye Chase!" Jacob exclaimed. "Yeah, bye Mr Arrogant" Max muttered. Chase rolled his eyes, "Excuse you, but, I'm not arrogant! Ugh, bye Jacob, bye Max!"

The duo rolled their eyes and released silent chuckles before leaving the beach.

Author's Note~

Hey everyone! 

For any newbies to my stories, my user name is Lida-TPA and my full Wattpad name is The Pixelated Author, but, you guys can just call me Lida, it being my real name. I know some people might be new, so welcome, I hope you can check out my other stories too.

For people that already know me, hey guys! I'm back. This is a new story. Hope you enjoy!

Oh, and if you're confused about the Jacob and Savannah thing, basically Jacob dated Max's older sister because he was an oblivious little sh*t and didn't discover his feeling for another girl until later. He was scared to break up with her because he didn't want anyone to get hurt.

Eh, boring, I know.

Later~!