Harry smiles. He smiles as he reads the name over and over. And for the rest of class, he smiles.

But, he doesn't see the disaster between the shades of blue.

_____________

"So, Marley." His smooth voice is most definitely not attractive. Nope. Not at all.

Marley has a hard time convincing herself that.

"Oh, did you practice that the past ten minutes?" She says, not in the mood and already regretting her lapse in judgment by replying to his note.

She doesn't want any more friends. Her head is loud enough on it's own.

You don't want him as a friend. Or any at all. Except me. A voice sneers from the dark depths of Marley's subconscious.

Because Marley is all cold fingers and half-crazed minds and crystal blue eyes that remind a certain boy of icicles and frost-bitten noses.

"No, only the past five." He smirks. Towers over her.

Marley smiles despite herself. "Well Harry, I'm going to be late for my next class."

"Ah, she remembers my name. Score." He follows her to the door. "What's your next class, love?"

She stops just outside the classroom. "None of your business."

"Wow, ok." He mocks a hurt expression. "I was just hoping it might be toward the science lab. You could show me the way."

Marley checks her schedule. Catches him looking over her shoulder. "You're in luck British Boy. I have Bio next, too." She starts walking down the hall, knowing he will follow.

"British Boy?" He asks. "How did you know I'm British?"

"You have an accent. It's not that hard to pick up." Her words are accompanied by an impassive shrug.

"I do? I've lived in the United States since I was seven." His arm brushes her shoulder. Doesn't seem to notice. "I didn't know I still have an accent."

"It's slight." She glances at him. "Plus, no American calls anyone 'love'."

"You're very observant." Harry says. "You notice things other people wouldn't."

"Quiet people tend to do that." They reach the science lab.

"Never would have pegged you as the quiet type either. You were just so talkative in English." He's trying to be funny.

Trying.

Marley attempts to hold back a smile but it's been so long since anyone has joked about anything with her.

It's refreshing.

Don't get any ideas, Marley, dear.

"Come on, we're going to be late." Marley says.

By lunch, Marley has yet to succeed in the task of shaking off her newfound shadow.

It takes the form of an attractive boy. He calls himself Harry.

She calls him annoying.

"So how long have you been going here? I just moved." He tries to engage in conversation as they wait in the cafeteria line.

"I don't go here. I'm a figment of your imagination." Marley says. Deadpan.

He stares at her for a moment before laughing. It's such a beautiful sound. Like music to Marley's ears.

"It wasn't that funny." She mumbles. Takes the smallest portion of peas she can manage without raising suspicion. Moves on and grabs a single slice of pizza.

skinny || h.s. au [Rewrite Now Up!]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara