epilogue pt. 1

———————
INFINITY
———————
- EPILOGUE PT. 1 -

"In loving memory of Stanley Uris.", the eulogy ended and there was a silence.

Nobody dared to say anything; instead, many people were crying, especially Bill. He broke down when he found out his best friend had died over night.

He thought he would get old with Stanley and he wanted to share his entire life with him; he really did.

"I'm really sorry, buddy.", Bill felt a tap on his back from Richie and Eddie just smiled sadly and hugged Bill before he pulled away only to hug Richie instead.

"I-I just— I d-don't— fuck!", Bill felt weak in his knees and dropped himself down, covering his face with his hands, sobbing into the sleeves.

Bill truly loved Stan and he felt really sorry for ignoring him. He felt like the biggest idiot on earth. He wishes he had told Stanley more often that he loved him.

After a few minutes, everyone left except Bill and Richie. The stuttering boy stood up, ready to leave but then Richie spoke up.

"Wait— uhm, Stan told me to give you this.", the boy with the glasses handed Bill a shoe box with a letter on top of it, "This is the last letter he wrote and he wanted you to read it first. In the shoe box are way more."

After that, Richie hugged Bill one last time before he turned around and started to walk but Bill grabbed his arm, causing him to stop, "Th-thank y-y-you."

Richie said nothing but smiled and with that, he was gone, leaving Bill alone. Bill sat down on a bench and opened the letter.

- - - - -

I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my cancer. I really am. But I didn't want to worry you or something.

I mean, there is nothing you could do against it and I was afraid you would feel worthless or something but let me tell you one thing, Bill:

I love you. Thank you for making me actually live and not just exist. Thank you for making the world a better place for me. Thank you for being my world.

Please, keep on living. Don't ever stop. I know you can do it. And if you can't, do it for me, I'm begging you.

I wrote all these letters just for your eyes only, baby. You can do whatever you want to do with them but I'd appreciate it if you'd read it.

Do whatever makes you happy and smile a lot. Without your smile the world would miss the sun.

You're the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me; really. I love your ocean eyes that start to sparkle whenever you talk about something you have interests in.

Heaven lies on your lips, I'm gonna die kissing you even though I'm already dead.

It's just love; How do I find another name for it except yours?

You are very special, Bill.

Write my name on your heart and don't forget me; remember me for infinity just like how I love you for infinity.

Always yours,
            Stan.

- - - - -

Bill felt so dumb. So dumb. How could he not realize that Stan was in love with him? He wished he could tell Stan how he truly felt.

He wished he could tell him that he loved him more than just a friend and that he dated Beverly because of his homophobic parents.

But it was too late.

After Bill read some of the letters, still sitting on the bench, the sky started to turn orange and he noticed a figure came closer to him, which he recognized as Eddie's.

"Hey.", Eddie now stood in front of him, looking worried at his friend who wouldn't look up.

"H-Hi.", Bill's voice cracked as he tried to greet the smaller boy.

"Why are you still here? Go home.", Eddie tried to comfort him but it seemed to make everything worse.

Home is not a house. Home is someone, something or somewhere that makes you feel safe. That makes you feel like you're not alone. That makes you feel special. And that house where his so-called family lives, was definitely not his home which made him unbelievably mad.

Bill stood up and started walking home but before he could, he stopped by Stan's grave.

"My home is gone."

— — —
thank you for 11k!

the epilogue will have two parts and this is the first one,, i'm sorry if you're crying 😬😬

love you, .xx