CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Liam

I was in the process of responding to emails in the office when aggressive body language on the surveillance monitor raised an eyebrow. Enhancing the camera angle, I zoomed into the hallway fringed in private suites, where the angry male client gesticulated madly at Cherry, who was half-dressed in rose-patterned lace garters and bejewelled platform stilettos.

Polishing off the last drop of whiskey, I set the glass on the desk and headed downstairs to see what the fuss was all about. By the time I turned the corner, Brad had arrived and tried to reason with the middle-aged man. "Right." My right-hand man lifted his eyebrows in silent acknowledgement. "I appreciate that."

"Do you?" The client's cheeks burnt bright red. "I call bullshit, Jones." His slackened trousers hung low on his hips, and his creased, unbuttoned shirt revealed excess paunch. "I don't see why I should settle the bill when I'm disappointed. I did not orgasm. It's unsatisfactory."

I joined the commotion. "What did I miss?"

"Mr Warren." The guy tossed a thumb in Cherry's direction. "With all due respect, I pay extortionately for their services."

"He hired a private room and asked me to accompany him." Cherry's exposed chest heaved on a deep inhale. "I spent over an hour on his erection." Her derisive glare landed on his denim-clad manhood. "That opportunist took some Viagra or some shit. No man can withstand oral for that long without release."

"There is no time limit conspicuously detailed for copulation with clients," he recapitulated the contract guidelines. "Fixed fee for coital experience and guaranteed pleasure. You did not deliver, Cherry. Why should I have to pay?"

Cherry's blue eyes glittered in vexation. "I still had to put my mouth down there."

"I paid for a rush of libidinous pleasure," he seethed. "I will not leave unsatisfied."

"You can get fucked." Her temper sparked. "Go home to your wife. Get her to beat the meat because I am out."

"Breach of contract." He kept his frustration in check. "You are not allowed to mention the client's spouse when engaged in sexual activity."

Her tongue piercing poked out. "Well, it's a good job that I am not participating in lousy fornication, isn't it?"

Brad's too bewildered to comment.

Alexa and Josh exited the employees' changing rooms down the hall. I am both confused and bitter toward the woman.

Last night, I left her alone in the bedroom to shower and returned to find an empty bed thirty minutes later.

According to security, she fled the penthouse with great haste and jumped straight into an impending taxi.

If it weren't for the raw claw marks down my back, I'd blame lack of sex for the very vivid dream.

"I am entitled to a full refund. And I will never pay for reluctance again." He espied the dark-haired female down the hall and simpered down. "I want her next time."

Alexa's oblivious to the altercation.

"Her?" Cherry snorted. "Good luck with that frigid bitch."

I felt a surge of protectiveness. "Watch your mouth."

Her eyes rolled.

"Cherry is not responsible for impaired ejaculation," I said in a somewhat tired manner. "You will settle the bill and request another female next time."

"Extra two hundred." Brad snatched cash from the guy's wallet. "For wasting our time."

Nate ambled around the corner, pausing to speak with Josh and Alexa. Hands to her hips, she craned her neck to look at his looming frame and playfully scolded him for something.