6

Nahmir

You know how you get that feeling in your throat when your on the verge of tears. That was me right now. But of course. I couldn't cry. They were both staring me right in the face. I just put on a fake smile.

"Nice to meet you" I said shaking her hand "How long y'all been a thing?" I asked.

"A little over 2 years" Miya said cheerfully. I nodded "Cute"

"Did you need something?" Tay asked

"Nah" I said

"How you getting home?"

"My legs" I said as I started walking away "nice to meet you Miya"

"Wait no! Nahmir" Miya said and grabbed my arm "You and Tay are going to the same house. Ride together. You'll be exhausted in that heat"

I shook my head. "I'll be fine. Plus you two should hang out"

She let go of my arm and I made my way out of the school.

Eh nah I'm not gonna go home. I think imma go take a nap at a park. That's always peaceful. And plus after the bullshit I just found out. I had a million things on my mind. A nap would clear them.

Since tf when did he have a girlfriend? Of 2 years? I've been living with him for 1 1/2 months. She's never once been to the house and he barely left. Wow what a relationship. I guess.

Why do I care?!? Ugh! Yes nap me now.

I walked into the house and was immediately ambushed by my concerned mom and a concerned Cassidy .

"WHERE THE HELL WERE YOU!" They both yelled in my face at the same time

"Sheesh chill. I went to park and took a nap" I said

"You could've can home and did that shit. We've been blowing your phone up constantly for hours" my mom said

"What really?" I pulled my phone out of my pocket and boom there it was 298 missed calls from my mom and Cassidy. Sheesh. "Sorry"

"Sorry! That's all you can say is sorry? Are you kidding me?!" My mom said. She was pissed and I could tell she wanted to hit me. So I moved outta the way and sure enough a fist flew my way. Luckily i dodged it.

Cassidy grabbed her. "Calm down Teresa. He's alive that's all that matters" she said

"Ugh your right" my mom said "I need a drink"she grabbed her keys and pushed past me and went out the door.

"Never again" Cassidy said looking at me.

I nodded. "Promise"

"Okay let me go with your mother we'll be back later" she said and left out.

That's the last I'd hear of them til about midnight.

I walked upstairs to my room. I took a slight glance into Tay's room. He was asleep with his girlfriend laying on him asleep as well. That made me frown. I walked in my room and slammed my door behind me.