Give it a Chance (1)

Brooklyns POV

"Brooklyn, up, now! You've got to be at gymnastics in 45 minutes!" I heard my mom yell from my door. Then I felt my leotard being thrown onto my bed, from under the covers. I groaned. I hated gymnastics, but I got up anyway and through on my leo and some juicy sweats over it. I grabbed a pop-tart and a bottle of Gatorade and I ran out the door. I ran all the way to the gym. Well, its more like a complex. It has a gym for gymnastics, basketball. a work out room, and a couple rooms for dance. It was called the Atlanta Sports Center. As I was running I got a call form my best friend Allie.

"Hey Al." I said to her.

"Hey, You still run to the gym?" She asked.

"Yea, why?"

"I just saw you run passed my house."

"You know, you could be running with me."

"I quit for a reason Brookie. I quit to dance"

"I know, I wish went with you."

"Its stupid how you do this for your mom. I cant believe she thinks dance is a waste of time."

"I just want to make her happy."

"Make her happy? Brooke, she goes on buisness trips every two days! She always yells at you and you just....put up with it?" Allie said, furiously. We've had this talk to many times before.

"Ugh... I know Al." I sighed

"Anyway, what time do you get out of the gym today?"

"Around 3, Why?"

"Why dont you come to studio 6c after. Jackson and I booked it to dance today." She said, and it sounded like music to my ears. The dance floor, that is. I couldn't object her offer, because 1, she knew my mom worked until late, and 2, studio 6c is right down the hall from the gym.

"Alright, can you grab me some regular dance clothes though, I just have sweats and my leo."

"Sure thing girl! See ya later, bye"

"Bye." I said. By the time I got off the phone, I was at the gym.

*****************************************************************

         Gymnastics that day was pretty much the same as it was every day. Just going through the motions. The same warm-ups, the same routines, the same everything. It was so boring. I lost my love for the sport a long time ago. Don't get me wrong, Im good. I just... don't like it. My mom does. She pays for everything, all my leotards, plane tickets to out of state meets, and she paid for llike half the new things in the gym.

      You could say that I'm rich. My mom works in a huge business, sometimes her business causes her to travel around the world for long periods of time. Im an only child, so that leaves me by myself. The longest shes been away is six months. Shes about to leave for China for a year. She doesn't want me to go with her because of my gymnastics and school. My mom isn't exactly the nicest person. At least, she hasnt been since my dad died 8 years ago when I was 7. She turned into some crazy workaholic and gym mom. She basically sucks up to my coaches by buying things for the gym.

  Anyway, we were about to all go change in the locker room after our coaches talked to us. There were about 6 girls my age training that day, and one of them was my best friend in the gym. Aubrey Beadles. She understands my whole gymnastics thing, and how my heart is just not in it. 

  I was walking with her and talking about some movie we both wanted to see when I heard a voice shouting Aubrey's name. We both turned to see a boy about our age with blond/brown hair, standing by the door.

" Aubrey" He said again as he jogged up to us. He was rather good looking.

"What do you want Christian?" Aubrey groaned.

"Is that really how you want to treat your favorite cousin? Anyway, I need your keys to your car, I left my bag in there this morning" He said, then he looked at me and smiled. But then he turned back to Aubrey who was digging through her gym bag for her keys. When she found them, she gave them to him and he ran off.

"So thats your cousin?" I asked her. I had seen him at some of our meets.

"Yea, thats Christian, he comes up here with me a couple times a week to hang out with his friends."

"Thats cool," I said. Then we both walked into the locker room. I opened my gym locker to find some clothes and a note. The note read:

'Don't forget! Studio 6c! Love Allie :)

I changed into the clothes Allie brought me and I headed down the hall to room 6c. When I walked in I saw Allie and Jackson rehearsing a duet that they were enrolling in a dance contest coming up. When they were finished I started clapping. We all laughed and then Jackson put on the song Young Forever by the Ready Set and we came up with a cool dance to it.

    I cant explain it. The way it feels when I'm moving on that floor. Its just breath taking. Allie and Jackson went to the lounge room to grab some bottles of water. While the were gone, I put on the song Scream by Usher, and started dancing. I felt like I was being watched, so when I did my turns, I glanced toward the window and saw Christian, I think. It was hard to tell. When the song finished I collapsed on the floor but sat up to see my reflection in the mirror. (most dance studios have a wall of mirrors). I loved to dance. Why couldn't I just quit gymnastics a dance full time. On the dance floor is clearly where I belong.....