Chapter 5

The weekend is uneventful. Saturday seems to fly by and by Sunday night, you begin to feel like time was sped up just to spite you. School the next day is weighing on your mind and the idea of having to listen to Flash speak during class makes you want to rip your hair out. You haven't talked to Peter since he'd climbed into your room from your window and your anxiety is starting to make you wonder if that whole conversation that night had freaked him out. Pulling out your phone, you call him. Before you can say hello, though, his voice comes through the line and he sounds like he's been crying. He's out of breath and his voice is ragged as he says, "Y/n, thank god. I need you to call Ned."

"What?" Your heart leaps to your throat.

"Call Ned! I can give you his number. Just say I need him to be the guy in the chair."

"Peter, what the hell is going on?" You ask, alarmed. He sounds scared and desperate, two emotions you recognize very easily. 

"Just do it, y/n. Please. I'll explain everything to you later. I just need you to call Ned and tell him to call me."

"Why can't you do it?" Peter's tone is beginning to scare you. He definitely sounds like he's in danger or possibly hurt.

"I can't reach my phone with my hands. I answered your call with my nose." You can't help but think that's kind of funny, even when Peter clearly is not in a funny situation. He rattles out Ned's phone number and you scribble it down. 

"Okay, I'll call him, but you owe me an explanation tomorrow!" You say.

"I know. You'll get one. Now, call him!" You hang up on Peter and immediately dial Ned's number. After three rings, he picks up sounding tired.

"Hello?"

"Ned, it's y/n. Peter says you need to call him. Something about being a guy in a chair? Whatever the hell that means." The other end of the line is silent for a minute before you hear scrambling and then Ned's voice again,

"Y/n, did he say anything about his... situation?"

You shake your head even though he can't see you and say, "No, but he sounded terrified. Maybe he's hurt? Ned, what the hell is going on?" You hear typing on the other end of the line and Ned's voice sounds hesitant as he says,

"I can't really say much over the phone. We'll explain everything tomorrow." You slam your hand down on your desk,

"THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH! My friend is in danger and I know it! Just tell me what happened!"

"I don't know what happened," Ned responds, "but I promise I'll let you know when he's safe." You hear a click and the line goes dead.

Lowering yourself onto your bed, you notice your hands are shaking at you grip your phone and your heart is racing faster than if you'd just run a 5k. What if Peter got jumped? What if he got kidnapped? You can't help but wonder where Spiderman is in this situation.