"You are the absolute best, Vi," he says again and gives me a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving.

I didn't dream that did I? My sexy boss didn't just tell me to join him on dinner and kissed me on the cheek. Calm down, it's not a date. I tell myself one more time. Of course, it's not. I'm not his type anyway. I'm not a redhead.

The fact that I know his type makes me realize I have too much free time on my hands.

I check the time on my wrist and almost jump, I have 5 minutes? I've been daydreaming all this time because of Carter when I should've been re-reading everything I had written earlier for him to say on the meetings.

The important aspects, how we should re-decorate our hotel suites and how to make it more appealing to other customers. Not that we need it. But renovations are good from time to time.

I grab all of the files I need and rush to the meeting room, already finding some people inside.

The first meeting goes perfectly fine. Everything goes as planned and as I'm preparing for the second my phone rings.

As soon as I see Carter's name my exhausted and terrified look turns soft.

"Hey," I say in a sigh.

"Hello, how was the first meeting?" his voice's sweet like always.

"Good, I'm on my way to the second."

"Alright, I'll leave you to it. Thanks for covering me, Vi."

"You're very welcome. I need to go." I frown not wanting to end our conversation that quickly.

"Yeah, sure. I'll see you soon." he's the first to hang up and I put my phone in silent mode before getting into the last meeting of the day.

...

I'm organizing everything at my desk after the second meeting. That was even more of a success than the first. I just got us a deal for a new hotel in Spain.

I start to hear someone shouting my name repeatedly. At first, I can't make who it is until the British accent stands out as he curses "Bloody hell," I smile "My office." I shout back.

Not even a second later Carter is inside my office, his suit jacket unbuttoned and his hair messy.

"Where were you?" he seems preoccupied.

"Right here, why?"

"I called you and you didn't answer. I was worried."

"Sorry, my phone was in silent mode. I lost track of time," I apologize as I check my phone ten missed calls and two texts. Shit.

"It's fine, are you ready?" I nod as I pick my purse.

I was expecting his town car to pick us up, instead, he's the one who's driving. He opens his Maserati door for me and lets me inside before closing it one more time. The interior is stunning and I know for a fact it was custom made. It's black suede and has tinted windows. I remember him asking to get it custom because he didn't like the leather. Rich people problems.

The car roars as he turns the ignition on "Holy shit," the words escape my mouth way too fast and he chuckles.

"Buckle up," he says still amused at my words.

He puts some jazz music on as we drive through the streets of Los Angeles which are extremely busy like always.

"I got us a reservation but since we're late I guess we'll have to order dinner," he frowns as he looks at the watch on his wrist.