Moving Out

(edited: 7/6/17)

Emmi's P.O.V

It's finally happening, Dad and I are moving out. I hope Eleanor and Dad will make up and we can all be a family. I feel so terrible for Dad. They agreed Tommy and Lilly could visit every other week, since we'll still be living in the same town, so they can go to the same school.

Me getting in trouble that last time at school was the "last straw." I remember now what I forgot that day, my medicine, that's partly dad's fault, I still got in trouble though.

I dragged my suitcase down the stairs.

"Emmi, that's terrible on your suitcase!" Eleanor lectured.

I kept dragging it down, ignoring her.

I walked out to the car. I threw my suitcase in the other side and got in my carseat. I buckled myself up.

Daddy and I drove silently to our new home. I heard dad sniffle from the front.

"She's tearing you apart!" I remember those words Eleanor yelled at dad. Was it true? Was I really tearing him apart?

Of course I am! Look, right now he's driving to his new home all alone, except for me.

What if him and Eleanor never get back together? What if dad never finds another girl?

It would be all my fault. I bet he just wants to get rid of me, so he can go live perfectly with Eleanor, but he knows he's all I have left. Unless I go to one of my aunt and uncle's, but they don't want me either.

All I could feel was guilt, guilt for being born. Wait a minute, I was never even meant to be born. My parents weren't married, they didn't stay together and my dad has been no part of my life until now, everything was making sense and all I could feel was guilty for crashing in on their lives'. My mom would of still be alive, she wouldn't of been driving home from my school, to be hit by that car!

"Emmi, it's okay." Dad said, unbuckling me and hugging me.

I didn't notice I was bawling, or that the car had stopped at a very big house and I was being unbuckled. He hugged me tightly and rubbed my back.

"This is all my fault." I cried, my voice cracking.

"No love, don't think like that." Daddy whispered in my ear.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, closing my eyes.

"Emmi, please stop, you know I hate seeing you like this."

"I tried to be strong, mummy." I whispered.

Dad didn't say anything he just rubbed my back. He carried me inside the house. It looked really lovely. It was set up nice, but more his styles versus Eleanor's.

I sniffled and wiped my eyes. I'm still upset, but I needed to pull myself together.

When you entered the house, the foyer was the first thing. Then there was the grand living room! I loved it! It had two grey couches, a stone fireplace with a telly hanging on top, one recliner that was colored navy blue and a bright orange bean bag on the floor. The carpet was a light tan color, the walls were white, they were covered of pictures, some of daddy young with his parents, Tommy and Lilly, our uncles all of them.

"Wow!" I gasped, feeling a bit happier. "It's so ace!"

Dad put me down on the floor and I ran to the right.