“Damn. What’s the history between you two, anyway?” Hayden asked, as Alex took a seat on the couch, stuffing his face with some chips.

                “Shut up, Hayden.” Alex muffled, munching on chips. He swallowed, as his eyes turned to me. “She doesn’t have to tell you about her past if she doesn’t want to.”

                Hayden rolled his eyes at his best friend. “She already has.”

               Immediately, Hayden’s eyes widened, as he slowly stared at me with regret and guilt in his eyes. I clenched my jaw, as I turned away from Hayden, cursing under my breath.

                Alex stared between Hayden and I with a curious frown. “What the hell does that mean?” he asked.

                Hayden cleared his throat, as he took a sip from his can of beer. “S-she told me about the time she was eight.” Hayden paused, looking nervous and sweaty. “And she got on a tree and fell. Like really, really badly and all.”

                I wanted to smack him for his beyond horrible attempt of lying. I didn’t know if it was possible for anyone to be worse than that.

                Alex glared at Hayden, knowing that everything that just spilled out of his mouth was a bunch of utter bullshit.

                He turned back to me with a blank stare in his eyes, as if he was trying to read my face for any clues.

                When he couldn’t find what he was looking for, he let out an obnoxious groan. “Whatever.” He mumbled, turning away from me, as he turned on the television.

                As Alex’s eyes were glued to the television, I turned to Hayden with a glare. “What the hell?” I mouthed to him.

                His eyes were apologetic, as he mouthed, “I’m sorry.”

                I sighed, nodding. Hayden’s lips stretched into a wide grin, as he pulled me in, arm around my shoulder.

                An hour later, the doorbell rang, as Alex got up to get the door. Immediately, I heard a loud rumble of hoots, as Damian and Ashton huddled in the living room with us. I noticed Chinese takeout bags in Ashton’s hand, while Damian had three stacks of pizza boxes in his arms.

                “Why are you guys here?” Alex asked with a low grunt, crossing his arms.

                Hayden jolted up from the couch, running over to where Damian sat down the pizza. “Who gives a shit, Alex?” Hayden beamed, grinning like a child. “They bought food for us!”

                Ashton and Damian gave Alex a smirk, before they started ripping open the boxes of food. Damian turned to me with a smile, offering me a plate. “Come on, help yourself.”