Aubrey rolled her eyes. “That’s because I am, honey.” She examined her fingernails, before darting her poison ivy green eyes back up to me. “I’m actually known at this school. You’re nothing here.”

                “I’d rather be known as nothing, than be known as the school slut like you.” I spat, making everyone that was gathered around us gasp.

                Aubrey’s face went blank, as she opened her mouth to speak. She couldn’t have looked more of a bigger idiot when nothing came out of her mouth.

                “Nothing to say?” I asked, taunting her. “Good, because my business is done here.”

                Pulling Clarice’s arm with me, we strutted out of the crowd, pushing past anyone that was in our way. As soon as we escaped to our classroom, Clarice burst into a misfit of laughter. “You totally won that one, Aerial!” Clarice paused, taking a break as she gasped for air. “Holy, you should’ve seen her face! It was priceless!”

                I blushed. “Shut up, Clarice.”

                Clarice shook her head, still giggling, as the teacher entered the class.

*

                “I’m so proud of my little Aerial.” Hayden chuckled, throwing an arm around me, as we all gathered in Alex’s house later that night. “You completely embarrassed the shit out of Aubrey this morning.”

                Alex’s head turned towards me, as his face turned into a frown. He ended up just skipping school today. His excuse to us was that he was just too tired and slept in for the entire morning. “You did what?”              

               Hayden laughed, taking a beer, and gulping it down. “Man, you should’ve seen the whole thing. Aerial was on a roll, and Aubrey was fucking fuming, steam coming out of her ears and all.”

                I let out a soft laugh, staring up at Hayden with an amused expression across my face. “Whatever, Hayden, it was no big deal.” I shrugged.

                Hayden ruffled my hair, as Alex stared at the two of us with his eyebrows raised. “Why did you suddenly flip your shit out on Aubrey anyway?” Alex asked. “You’ve always been the quiet girl who stayed out of crap like this.”

                I blushed, shrugging. “Someone had to stick up for Clarice.”

                Hayden choked on his beer, as he sat up straight. “Wait, isn’t she pregnant now?”

                I nodded, feeling a bit of guilt for telling Hayden and Alex behind Clarice’s back. But, it wasn’t a big deal, I guess, because Aubrey and Daniel pretty much told everyone they knew.