One Night Stand

Alexander

I woke up in the morning trying to remember what happened. All I saw was an empty bottle on the floor and Masha sleeping in my arms. I closed my eyes trying to figure my way out of this trouble. 'How did it end up here and what has happened?' I kept on asking myself and thinking about it until I slowly started getting the flashbacks of the night before. I knew that Thomas was gay to Maryse's brother, and that Masha was helping him with his problems not because of her being a bipolar person, but because she knew about the whole story. Masha had her ways to make me feel comfortable in a way, as she made me spend one hell of a night not only when we were outside, but also when we headed back home. With all of the distractions I dealt with, Ivana was still on my mind, yet no one liked what was happening with her. I couldn't think much as Masha woke up and started kissing me to get up with her. "Masha" I stopped her as she was seeking for more. "Yes," she mumbled with a smile on her face and started playing with my hair. "I don't want to hurt you, but I don't want to be with anyone right now" I took off her hands slowly as I noticed how she frowned after I said that. "Please don't be sad" I placed my hand on her face and wished that she would understand what I felt. "Alright" she smiled as she got off me and went to the bathroom. It took me a while to get up, but I stayed in my place watching her getting dressed and fixing her hair. "You are pretty Masha" I whispered as I placed my hands on her shoulder while she was sitting in front of the mirror, and kissed her neck completing my sentence. "But way too pretty for an old man like me" I concluded as I left to the bathroom. By the time I was done, Masha was already gone and the house was filled with Ivana's thoughts back again.

Ivana

-

I was enjoying watching the sunset on my roof as I had my coffee beside me. I hugged my knees and wondered about how beautiful this creation was; the sun. I thought of how I saw Marcello as the sun in a man phase, who shone in every single day I lived with him. In my other hand, I held a group of photos that we took a long time ago, those that I couldn't even think of throwing away. As the sun was setting, I pointed one photo that we took while kissing beside the sea on a sunset, and saw how what was left of the sunlight spread around the photo. My heart squeezed as I felt my eyes tearing up, rounding them with a smile full of guilt and regrets. I missed him, but my ego took me away from doing what my heart called for me to do. This was why I sat speechlessly hugging myself, with no core to hold into, just like the sand and the sea, I felt each and every sunrise to its set, yet his sun never shone again. As the skies turned darker than my blue days, I lied down on my back admiring what this one black sky could give my olive eyes to see. At first, I closed my eyes a bit to lift off the tension I felt on my chest, but then I heard my door being knocked on twice. I slowly walked downstairs to check on who was there on my porch after placing my cup in the kitchen and hiding the photos under my pillow.