Chapter 7- That Place

Could this chapter be longer, better written, and posted on time? Probable. Am I still posting it anyway? Definitely. I'be just been working on some life things ATM but I miss writing about my boys, I've even thought of an idea for book two of this series. It would be about Jon and I REALLY like what I have so far. Let me know if you guys would be interested in reading about Jon and his future mate or if you want me to write a tidbit to help you guys get hooked lol. Anyways, thanks for reading!-A.B.

Louis's POV

I don't know which I become aware of first, if it was odd chemically smell or the steady beeping echoing throughout the room, either way, something was different. Normally I would be reacting to the obvious change in location, but I felt this odd sense of calm. The weird smelling air, or whatever it is, somehow makes my chest feel heavy and light at the same time, and there was a comfortable warmth all around me, but it wasn't constricting in any way.

I've never felt this comfortable l, or well, SAFE, in forever.

The odds are master uses the collar on me more than I could take, and he has a doctor here taking care of me. Which is kinda odd actually...  whenever master has called a doctor before, it was always be the same, old, scary man that would think of me as nothing more than sick livestock that needed tending to. So the treatment I'm getting right makes it seem very unlikely that he is the one giving me medical attention.

Maybe master master got a new doctor? Or maybe I or injured enough from that he needed a professional? But I don't remember getting shocked that MUCH more than usual... 

I remember waking up, master calling me into the main room, me not wanting to shift in front of.....

And suddenly it all came back to me.

That man. Those men. They took me.

I was laying on the bed, drugged by master and unable to react, when that man came barging in and attacked master. I wasn't able to move when the other man came and began touching me in odd and random places. I couldn't turn my head to look and see what the man was doing to master, but somehow I knew when I heard a squishing, and then a solid thud, I knew that he wasn't my master anymore.

Knowing what happened to my former master is one thing, but seeing the bloodied hands of the man I knew did it added a whole new level of fear.

Be if paralyzed is scary itself, but being paralyzed with a murderer in the room is horrifying. I couldn't breathe, I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what I could do. All I knew is, this man, in this moment, can do whatever he wants to me.

And despite his quiet words and gentle caresses, my fear of the man wasn't easily quelled. Even as he carefully cradled me close to him as he ran through the words, the distinct smell of smoke wafting from behind us, the knowledge that this man could very well be taking me to my death was a prominent thought.

And now, laying in this bed, I became more aware of the fact that this man had kidnapped me, and is probable now my new master. And as my mind begins to race a mile a minute, the steady beeping I awoke to now becoming sporadic.

As I try to desperately to open my eyes and move, I hear a fast paced potter patter of footsteps becoming closer and closer. And when they halt, they are mere inches from where I lay, yet again, helplessly.

"Hey, baby, it's okay, you're safe." The voice is familiar and holds a calming tone, but it has no effect on me.

With the maximum amount of effort I can muster, I open my eyes.

There are several scary looking machines in the dimly lit room, panting the theory that I'm back there in the forefront of my mind.

But why would he take me back here only to stay and make sure I'm comfortable?

The thought crossed my mind that maybe this man wasn't the person I thought he was, but it was quickly pushed away by the image of him wiping blood soaked hands off on his jeans.

As the man took a step closer and reached his hand out to touch me, the realization that this man is going to end came to be. All I could do, before this man ended me, was let out one last bellow of a scream.

Just a reminder in case you think Louis is over reacting, he was in the labs for five years, and he still occasionally forgets he's not there anymore. No matter how bad we might think the training or being owned might be, those labs were easily the worst part of Louis's life, and it'll probable always haunt him. (Whoopsies little rant 😅) anyway, thanks for reading and let me know what you guys think!- A.B.