Chapter 4- Mate

I know I haven't updated anything in a while, but I haven't been having many ideas for any of my stories currently, and I hate to just rush out chapters because I want to keep a schedule. I'd rather wait a little longer and be happier with my writing than to just write something and then it bother from then. I hope you can see where I'm coming from. You don't have to worry, none of my stories will be cancelled, and I already know how I want the whole plot on my all my stories to go, it's just the writing it down part I'm struggling with. Anyway, hope you enjoy, and please leave a comment!- A.B.

Ben Dahlhaus as Mystery man (to Louis)/ Griffin

Griffin's POV

I was seething.

That man, no, that monster, has no damn right to treat him that way. He was lucky I didn't tear his throat out right then and there.

I somehow managed to keep it together, though the rest of that meeting with that sick man nearly ended in blood. He droned on and on about how we "could rule a business empire" and how "we will be such good friends one day".

He has no idea how close he was to having his life ended right then and there. And if it was my call, I would have. Luckily for him, I'm working in some very thin guidelines setup for me. If it wasn't my dear friend David that set those up, the man would just now be found by a maid, laying facedown on his desk with his heart sitting in his damned glass whiskey, and the poor wolf pup would be sitting on my lap right now, never to be another mans pet again.

Sitting in the back of the car on the way back to me and David's meeting place, I could help but think about the pup trapped in that house, and all the pain he must be in right now from that collar.

I had my suspicions before I arrived that the man I was seeing likely had a "tamed" werewolf as a pet. They like to call them tamed, but from our perspective, the more accurate term is "broken". And sure enough, when I got my acquaintance for the meeting intoxicated enough, he was more than happy to show off his "Prized Pet".  He likely wanted to impress me, seeing as I'm the one with he power in this deal, so it didn't take much provoking. Who knows, maybe he'll even see them to me to get a better deal for himself in the end. Wouldn't that just be the perfect way to end the day? Making a deal with this man to better my company, thus funding my other organization, and maybe even getting another man for David to train to join the fight.

He pulled a tiny controller with several buttons and knobs out of his pocked, and proceeded to press one. We began to talk about some things involving our companies, when his "pet" didn't enter the room quickly enough, he pressed other button, making a tiny yelp audible a little ways behind me.

A PUP? He has a damn pup for a pet? A PUP?

I wanted to turn to the puppy, make sure it was okay, but I had too keep up my act of nonchalantness, otherwise I might draw his suspicions. We talked for a little bit about nothing too important, but my mind was suddenly in another place  as a feint smell found its way to my nose. It was subtle, but it had all my attention the moment it entered the room. It was so pleasantly simple, sweet vanilla and calming lavender, it was mouth watering.

I wondered where the scent came from, as it wasn't in the room a moment ago, but my thought was cut off my the tiniest of whimpers from behind the mans couch. The man glanced over the edge of the chair, then reached one arm down. He brought his arm back up over the edge of the chair, and disposed a pure white pup onto his lap.

The poor thing was shivering, clearly terrified of something, his tiny form laying down on the mans lap as his hand that wasn't holding a glass of whiskey stroked his back. The poor thing couldn't have been older than ten or so, as that's when our wolfs begin to rapidly grow to match the mental maturity of our wolfs by the time they become a part of us when we go through puberty. But of all these thoughts, one had me awestruck.