Chapter 14

Cassie's POV

One minute I was falling a sleep on my mate and the next I was in a grassy field with a gorgeous night sky above me. While it was absolutely magnificent, the voice that presented itself was much more heavenly.

"Hello child." The voice says, sounding as if it was coming from surround sound system.

"Hello Luna, is it?" I ask the voice and watch as a beautiful woman appears from behind a tree.

"You are a very bright child. Most are very confused about their whereabouts and who I am." She says, her voice no longer coming from all around me.

"I must say, I didn't think you would actually operate in a grassy field. You seem more like a board room type of woman." I say taking in the goddess of the moon. She is very beautiful and isn't wearing a dress like most say she was when she spoke to them. She's wearing jeans and a OneRepublic shirt that she's cut the sleeves off of and her feet are bare.

"Most people like the field. They say it's calming, but I didn't make you like most people." She says and in a blink, we're in a board room much like the one that all the trainers meet in at the pack in Oregon. "Better?"

"Much. Now what do we have to discuss?" I ask now that I'm in my element.

"I need you to go to your grandfathers house tomorrow and ask to see all the baby pictures and her birth certificate. You'll understand when you see it. After that go to your father and you'll know what about at that point." She says. I nod and look at her to continue. "Wow, I forgot how accepting you are. People usually get pissed at how cryptic I am."

"Well it's not like you can just tell people the future. People would abuse that privilege or do something to try and change it. It's funny how people don't realize that the future is only secured by the actions they take." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Right! You get it! I should have you over more often." She says laying her head back in her chair and putting her feet on the desk. "I should have you over more often. OH! That reminds me. Something is going to happen and it will cause some stress. It will be a good thing but there will be a fight. I can't say much. " She says looking frustrated.

I nod and she smiles at me before giving me a final thought. The thought is simply 'Don't be afraid to love him' and then I'm fading.

                                              ~

I wake up on the couch with my head in Axe's lap and Whiskey giving the two of us a gentle smile.

"I was gonna wake you two up. I really was. I just wanted to enjoy the peace for a moment. You two deserve it."

"It's ok. I thank you for letting him sleep. Sleep is going to be little with a war that is raging. I wish I could say more." I say and walk up to him. I hug him and kiss his cheek, saying goodnight and do the same to my mate before going upstairs. I lay down, knowing only slightly what tomorrow has in store.

When I awake the next morning, it's the usual routine and then shower, dress, and breakfast. We're all gathered around the dining table and the plans for the day were asked. Everyone was giving out their plans and my mothers idea was to go look around the town because she hadn't had much time to.

"I thought maybe you and I could go look through old baby pictures of you. You brought some  of mine and I want to see yours. And besides, you've been telling me that you need to get ahold of your birth certificate for a while now." I say to my mother who looks at me kind of shocked.