35.

Klaus's POV

I was now back at my place and I couldn't help but stay with a big smile on my face from how happy I was. I finally had Caroline not only admiring her feelings about me but also accepting to be in a relationship with me.

I don't know what was it, but suddenly I felt inspired and so I went to my studio and started to paint while listening to whatever was on the radio.

"Hello, Niklaus!" I heard Elijah saying while coming into my studio and closing the door behind him.

"Hello, dear brother!" I said with a smile, stopping painting to turn around and focus my attention on Elijah.

"What happened? You look particularly happy. The last time I saw you like this was when you had come back from your visit to Mystic Falls." Elijah pointed it, making me smile even more, which I thought it was not possible, but just the memory of when I was in the woods with Caroline made me truly happy, the only sad thing about that day was when I had to leave br I left with the promise of waiting for her and now, here I am, happier than ever.

"Well, what can I say, brother? Things are going well. I'm reconnecting with my daughter, my family is no longer being threatened and I believe I'm finally in a place where I'm surrounded by people who care about each other instead of just being around people who hate us." I said with a big smile because finally things were going well for me and my family.

After so many years of chaos, betrayal and pain, I was finally seeing the beginning of a new chapter in my life and my family's, where instead of suffering, we would be surrounded by the love not only of a special person but also from friends and family. I was starting to see this light of hope in our lives, maybe life was finally giving us a second chance at happiness since our first was destroyed when Esther turned us into vampires.

"So... your sudden change of mood is not at all involved with your visit to Caroline?" Elijah asked.

"What are you trying to say?"

"I know you, Klaus. Last night you and Caroline were very friendly, even more than usual... You told me that you had drank from her after you went to bed and that you two ended up kissing. And by knowing you, I am completely sure that you went to talk to Caroline about what happened. And by your mood, I am guessing you were happy with your conversation." Elijah said.

"Alright, I tell you..." I said. "Caroline and I talked about last night and I told her how I felt about it, then she ended up confessing her feelings about me and we are now together."

"Congratulations, brother. Caroline is truly a remarkable woman. You're a lucky man." Elijah said.

"Thank you. And you are right, I am a lucky man and Caroline is now my remarkable woman." I said to make it clear that I won't be happy with any comments with second intentions about my sweet Caroline.

"Brother, you have nothing to worry about. You know I have feelings for Elena... and we also got together. She makes me very happy."

"I'm very happy to hear that." I said because after so many years of seeing my brother putting his love life and his happiness on hold for me, I was glad that now he was letting himself be happy and be with the woman he wanted to be with. "Oh, I just need to ask you something."

"Of course."

"I need your discretion." I said. "Caroline and I agreed on not making a big deal out of this because we just got together and we want to do things slowly."

"That's very wise. Do not worry. I won't say a word." Elijah said and I smirked at him, knowing that he would keep that a secret until the end of times if he had to.

I didn't trust anyone more than I trust Elijah. He has always been my moral campus, my friend, my brother and my confident, he was always everything I needed him to be and he was there even in my worst. He never gave up on me and I won't ever be able to thank him enough or repay him for everything he has done for me...

AN: Hey guys! Like you must now see, I went with the idea of making Klaroline being kinda down low about it but slowly letting them know. I made Klaus tell Elijah bc it's Elijah and we all know how close those two are. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter and if you have any ideas/requests/suggestions/opinions, I will be more than happy to listen to them. 😉