I pulled away and put my face into my hands, I knew that my face was red as a tomato. “Sorry hun, got a little carried away.” I looked up and saw the waitress staring at us. Well, she was staring at Mathias; I could not help but let out a little growl. Mathias started laughing and I actually scared myself a little bit.

She just shook it off and went back to smacking her gum. “What can I get for you two love birds today?”

“I will have the double-cheeseburger with fries and a strawberry shake.” I answered back to her. She seemed amazed that someone small like me would be packing away the food.

“I’ll have the same, but make my shake chocolate.” Mathias said with a smile at me. He was paying no attention at all to the blond gum smacker in front of us.

Once she walked away, I knew he was going to test me again. “Okay, so what is she?” He asked.

“Definitely human, I got no wolf vibe from her and she smells like she bathed in bath and body works. Really overpowering actually.”  I scrunched up my nose at the thought of her smell and just how strong it was.

“Nicely done and I am pretty sure she only bathes in the country apple, I detest that scent really.”

We continued on for a while until the food came. I actually did really well. I could tell that the only werewolf in the entire place was the cook. I kind of cheated on that one though, I recognized him from the pack house.

“I am just warning you that this may not be the most appealing thing you see me doing.” I stated while looking down at the massive burger.

“What are you talking about?” He asked.

“Me eating this, I am so hungry that I may just unhinge my jaw and shove it down my throat without chewing.”

“Well this is not going to be too pretty either.” We both dove into our burgers and fries and gobbled every last bit up. When we finished, the waitress came and gave us the check and took away our plates. We got out of the booth and headed back on the road after paying the check.

“I don’t want to go home yet, its only noon and when we get there I know I am going to get attacked by Raven to get ready. Can we just find something else to do?” I felt awful for not wanting to go home, but it is my birthday and I should be able to do what I want.

“A movie?” He asked.

“YES!” I screamed into his ear.

“Owwww… Ellis.”

“Sorry, let’s go to a movie and even though it is my birthday, I will let you pick.” I was turned to my side and facing him. I have not been to a movie in what felt like forever. “Wait, is this kinda like a date?” I asked him.

“I guess we can call it that, one way to know for sure.”