A r r i v a l s (3)

There I stood in the streets of New Orleans. My gut was heavy and my heart palpitating but a feeling of utter satisfaction was also there, reminding me that changes are good sometimes. The masses of people strolling and the constant chatters made the city look full of life, adventures and dark, brooding secrets, engraved deep down and I knew right then that it was indeed Klaus's favourite habitat.

I had a single bag hung loosely over my shoulder and my mission was to find a decent hotel to reside in. I was sauntering and taking in my surroundings. It seemed like a famous tourist spot if the instructors guiding groups of people were any proof.

A large ivory building came into view with "Saint Marie's Hotel" written in bold letters on a board on top of it. I entered in hope to find a decent room. The inside was also cream coloured with several intricate paintings hung on various spots.The sight of an old, petite woman with an ever so gentle smile welcomed me. Her dark hair and tender eyes were infectiously calming. I noticed smile lines around her eyes and I became fond of her right then.

"Welcome! What a magnificently beautiful young lady you are." She greeted me and a simper invaded my features.

"Thank you. You are a killer yourself mam. Must have men kneeling in your feet." I said and her laugh rung in my ears.

"Oh no hon. When you find your one, everyone else is a bore." She replied waving her hand in a dismissive motion. I just chuckled in response.

"I bet. I want a room, decent enough to spend a few days."

"The room on the second floor is just fabulous with a nice view. Here are the keys." She handed me the keys with a grin, "I hope you have a pleasurable experience whilst staying here."

I searched for the designated room and found it at the end of the second floor. Entering the room, I saw warm turquoise walls and carpets with a double sized bed set in front of an exquisite dressing table. Throwing the bag on the floor, I collapsed on the soft bed. I fished out the phone from my jeans pocket and dialled Stefan.

"Hello Caroline. Missing me already I see." He said as soon as he picked up. I rolled my eyes albeit he couldn't see my irritated reaction.

"Of course. I had all the time to miss you in middle of the chaos of reaching here, wandering the streets and finding a hotel." I replied sarcastically and heard a chuckle in response.

"So how is it going?"

"It's all good, yet." I remarked, taking a deep sigh. "It can turn out to be an utter disaster Stefan. He is as unpredictable as they come."

"You are fretting it too much. Just go with the flow." He said with a chuckle and I couldn't help but do the same.

"My departure has certainly effected you positively." Sarcasm laced my tone while I was smiling. He had a way of making me feel better.

"You don't even know." He remarked with the same sarcasm.

"Bye. I am not free for an hour long conversation." I said teasingly.

"Bye Care. Be safe." He bid his goodbye and hung up. I heaved a deep sigh and dropped the mobile on my bed. It bounced and landed at the edge making my heart jump.

I started a journey which seemingly stretched infinitely, with no definite end and lots of routes but I did and I was determined to finish it.